Send your name to MARS!

chubaca

Future Emperor
certificate.png

NASA has reopened the registration for names to be posted on the spacecraft of the InSight mission that will be launched on May 5, 2018 and landing scheduled for Nov. 26, 2018. Entries will be closed on Nov 1.
Simple but very cool :cute wink:

Last edited:
Can we opt to send someone else to Mars - the person, not just the name?

Not on this mission :tooth:

Man, I can not wait to see that happen, there should be a selection of the best people on earth to colonize Mars. And then fill that Earth with bombs. It would be a great restart...

I was thinking more of guys I'd like to get rid of from Earth ...

Why anyone would want his name posted on the spacecraft? Even if that idea did appeal to you, you'd only be taking NASA's word for it that it had been done. You are never going to see the posting. I think, for those who like this kind of thing, having a star named after you makes more sense, since there is at least the possibility you might be able to see your star. The problem with the star option is that it is not free.

indeed this is pure childishness, but I like to think that my name will be on Mars. Maybe my great-great-grandchildren when they go to Mars will find my name there -probably in a Martian museum. I think that's pretty cool.

Send yer name to Maws coz Mars needs Moms.

So basically it is sending a letter to mother but whose mother?

Back