Hey! Whats app? (Mix)

Thanks, metalmachine -- it seems you've gathered this collection from a different source than usual. For people living in the U.S., Spanish would be a good second language to learn. I've picked up the word "jovem" from my time at CDG, but that won't get me too far if I'm south of the border.

I realize Portuguese is not the same thing as Spanish, but I recently saw an argument concerning the correct English translation of the following Portuguese phrase: "puta babaca". One person says it means "fucking idiot" and another said it means "giant asshole". Portugal is your next door neighbor, metalmachine, so maybe you have the definitive answer.

Thanks, metalmachine -- it seems you've gathered this collection from a different source than usual. For people living in the U.S., Spanish would be a good second language to learn. I've picked up the word "jovem" from my time at CDG, but that won't get me too far if I'm south of the border.

I realize Portuguese is not the same thing as Spanish, but I recently saw an argument concerning the correct English translation of the following Portuguese phrase: "puta babaca". One person says it means "fucking idiot" and another said it means "giant asshole". Portugal is your next door neighbor, metalmachine, so maybe you have the definitive answer.

Joven - Spanish
Jovem - Portuguese

I live in Galicia, Spain. And Portugal is 30 minutes away by car.
In Galicia we speak too a dialect "Gallego". Is something like a misture between Spanish and Portuguese
So, I understand perfectly both languages

Awesome pics, Metal! Some of the "before and afters" are particularly fun because you can decide if they were hotter in life or death!

In Galicia we speak too a dialect "Gallego". Is something like a misture between Spanish and Portuguese
So, I understand perfectly both languages

So, please give me your English translation "puta babaca".

Nice mix as usual

Marcelo Tosta is my favorite from this set...sad though looks like he had a small son that he has left behind :/

So, please give me your English translation "puta babaca".

No exists a literal translate. But the words have similar translations. Is something like "Fucking Stupid" "Fucking Idiot" or "Stupid bitch"...

Thanks, metalmachine -- "Fucking Idiot" was one of the original two choices in the argument. Now I know!

Isn't "puta" as a noun means "prostitute" and sometimes used a curse somewhat an equivalent for the word "fuck" and "babaca" is like "head?". Literal translation "fucked up in the head" but in the Portuguese lingo means "fooking idiot"?

What am I doing?! Has it really come to this?

Last edited:
Isn't "puta" as a noun means "prostitute" and sometimes used a curse somewhat an equivalent for the word "fuck" and "babaca" is like "head?". Literal translation "fucked up in the head" but in the Portuguese lingo means "fooking idiot"?

What am I doing?! Has it really come to this?

What are you doing? You are adding your two cents to the discussion, and I thank you for doing so. I interpret your observations to be another vote for "fucking idiot"...case closed. :D

What are you doing? You are adding your two cents to the discussion, and I thank you for doing so. I interpret your observations to be another vote for "fucking idiot"...case closed. :D

"Puta" means "prostitute", but in this expression has the idea of ​​increasing, of emphasize, as if it were something big, out of the ordinary.
"Puta babaca" is a very stupid person. A idiot squared.
Also used in othes occasion, v.g "This guy is a "Puta" faggot", or, "Today I am "puta" unlucky"... And when you are angry, or impressed say: "Puta merda!!", that is, "Puta shit!!"... hahaha...

If you need a Portuguese lesson call me, I can teach some words.

"Puta" means "prostitute", but in this expression has the idea of ​​increasing, of emphasize, as if it were something big, out of the ordinary.
"Puta babaca" is a very stupid person. A idiot squared.
Also used in othes occasion, v.g "This guy is a "Puta" faggot", or, "Today I am "puta" unlucky"... And when you are angry, or impressed say: "Puta merda!!", that is, "Puta shit!!"... hahaha...

If you need a Portuguese lesson call me, I can teach some words.

Your mini-lesson is much appreciated, BrasilianYoung! Thanks also for the offer of one-on-one tutoring in Portuguese, but I'm much too lazy to want to learn. I was a bad student in school, and I'm still a reprobate. I am happy, though, that you and others here have given me the confidence to yell "puta babaca" at people on the street, and know exactly what I'm saying. :D

Back