Capitol punishment ?

RtndGUTS, I agree that one needs to determine whether a youth is knowledgeable enough to know what they are doing. At 12 I was my full height and completely doing adult things like reading the newspaper and participating in leadership. Two of my sons likewise but my other son was in his 20s before he had the sense of an adult.

Hate to say I'm for the death penalty but... definitely in the cases of mass murder or multiple murder, or contract killings, the person who does it should be executed. As to juveniles, if they commit the crime, and if we are talking about a male at least 15 years old (or possibily 14) then execute him. Hanging preferred. And if a 15 year old commits the crime he should preferably be executed while still a teenager. Juvenile females??? Really prefer not to go there, but...
BTW, no lethal injection. That's simply too sterile. I want the gallows or a firing squad to be used. The gas chamber if both chairs are being used (the chamber has two chairs for the possibility of a double). Preferrably the condemned being a man in his teens or twenties, athletic, well built. And guilty. And I don't want a quick hanging. I want him still to be alive if you cut him down after 10, 15 minutes of swinging.

Last edited:
I am for death penalty for people committing crimes where they are molesting other people or corrupting society.

Homosexual practice is one example.

How does one ensure the penalty is swift and meaningful (ie. connected to the crime) without all the long frawn out appeals in the USA now? How does one ensure innocent people are not executed? If those two questions can be answered, then the death penalty would be OK but if they cannot be answered properly, then I would say punishment is for the Lord to impose and not frail humans.

Back