Saudi Arabia 'planning mass executions'

lindier

Forum Veteran
Amnesty Intenational has expressed alarm at reports that the authorities in Saudi Arabia are planning to execute dozens of people in a single day.
The Saudi newspaper Okaz said 55 people were awaiting execution for "terrorist crimes" whilst a now-deleted report by al-Riyadh said 52 would die soon
They are thought to include Shia who took place in anti-government protests.
Amnesty said that given the spike in executions this year, it had no option but to take the reports very seriously.
( from the BBC red button )

Another victory for Wahhabism, another defeat for humanity.

Further to the above

(1) over 150 people have been executed in Saudi this year.
(2) at risk is Ali al-nimr, the 21 year old whose plight I have already raised on this site.

Any links? What method of execution are they planning to use?

According to press reports beheading will be the norm although firing squad is also,an option the government are considering. No authoritative confirmation though

This has also now been reported on channel 4 television news. Why can't Charley boy use his influence to appeal,for mercy. I suspect he would have done so had it been a peony or clementine facing the chop. The priorities of the house of Windsor
Bring back Cromwell!!!!

Hmm, irony here - Cromwell had form for decap, just ask Charles I!

Touche.

Seriously though, one of the justifications used by royalist supporters is that they can bring great influence to bear behind the scene. Here is an ideal opportunity for the prince of Wales to do good. What chance him actually trying to do,something.
And I suspect that Charles 1 and the putative Charles 3 have pretty similar ideas about the divine right of kings. Think offal those memos telling ministers what they ought to do.

Back