Syrian Refugees

lindier

Forum Veteran
The Paris prosecutor has stated that one of the terrorists involve in yesterday's massacre had come to Europe with a Syrian passport and that he had been logged as coming in via Lesbos.
This is particularly worrying. First because it is impossible to properly screen all who claim to be refugees and SECOND because it will,lend credence to people like Le Pen and Farage in their attempts to ban all migrants.
God forbid I had to make the choice but do you think the risk outweighs the need for common humanity to,provide shelter to the genuine.
And a final comment. If anyone ever doubted the evil intent of Isis and the Wahabis , who with an ounce of humanity would use the cover of a fleeing refugee to kill hundreds of innocent parties. For that mater who would kill innocent third parties in any event.

I read a story a while a go that some of the dead terrorists had passports next to them which showed that they flew into Paris via Greece. It reminds me of our discovery that some of the 9/11 terrorists flew into Boston via Canada. I don't believe anyone suggested we seal our borders or increase our security of passengers coming from Canada at all. It certainly wasn't the fault of our good friends and neighbors, the Canadians. It brings up, however, the issue of what we in the US deal with whenever we fly - TSA (Transportation Safety Authority) procedures and the balance between security that is so tight that it makes efficient travel almost impossible, and protecting our passengers and countrymen.

My point is that terrorists can and will inject themselves into our cities and neighborhoods by any means possible. Whether it be through out airports as travelers, or part of fleeing refugees, they will get in. And when they cannot, they will - and are - turning our own people against us. We've had problems with American citizens who have been turned into terrorists, just as one of the terrorists in yesterdays cowardly attacks was a French national. ISIS and those like them are insidious.

I believe reason for the attacks and refugees is the ultimate clash of civlizations.

The world has become divided into civilized prosperous nations that drive humanity forward and failed states with entirely different system of values. Young people have no future in Syria so they join death cults like ISIS.

In a way similar to Harry Potter wars where death cult members want to take over the world and impose their beliefs.

World is headed for total war with many nations involved.

ISIS will be wiped out but it may take years before countries like Syria and Iraq become peaceful and prosperous nations.

Another problem is the parents of these fighters came to Eourpe and North America as immigrants . Their children , through the internet , have become radicalized. They go back to the middle east, receive training on how to fight, and kill and make bombs and use their passports to return to the countries their parents choose to move to and begin to reek havoc. The countries that took them in are now their victims.

Back