Ten killed in Umpqua Community College shooting in Oregon

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
HpJy8EB.jpg

Police, fire, ambulance units descending on the college minutes after active shooter was reported.

At least 13 people have been killed in a shooting at Umpqua Community College in Oregon.

The attacker was reportedly detained after the shooting at the 3,000-student school.

At least 20 people have been wounded.

The college is located in Roseburg, Oregon, a rural area about 175 miles (281 km) south of Portland.

But heaven forbid that any consideration should be given to gun control. The national rifle association might not like it and what do dead children matter when compared to their right to bear arms. And Obama hasn't got the guts to stand up to them. Indeed the national rifle association has the solution; more guns!!!
Thankfully there is gun control in Britain and most of Europe. And whilst we have the occasional incident we at least try and keep guns under control.

Sorry. I agree that Canada seems a far more civilised nation that the States. Must be the Anglo French influence.

Sorry. I agree that Canada seems a far more civilised nation that the States. Must be the Anglo French influence.
Canada is NOT more civilized than the United States! ALL of their talent comes to America to make money, whether it is in the field of music, acting or sports. The United States gives out more foreign aid than all the nations of the world combined. Canada relies on the American defense shield to protect it, otherwise the Russians would have made claims on the entire Arctic region. Don't get me wrong. I love Canada, but it pales in comparison to American civilization.

But they have abolished the death penalty.. To kill people by judicial execution is not the sign of a civilised society

The United States is a federal republic. Each state makes its own laws. Many states have abolished the death penalty. An error if there ever was one

Sorry mate. I respect your right to disagree with me but I believe that judicial execution can never be right. Apart from anything else what if an innocent man is executed.do you say sorry to his ghost?

With forensic DNA the norm, it is highly unlikely these days. Of course. if you live in Argentina where the government 'disappears' its enemies, that is another story

Unlikely perhaps but even ignoring the moral issue there cannot be absolute certainty

Canada is a lot less violent than the USA. It also looks after its citizens better with health care that is free. Its not perfect, but it makes life a lot easier and less worry some when you get older. I agree, Canada does depend on the USA for protection, because we are so close and share the worlds longest undefended border. Canada is the largest trading partner to the USA. The USA depends on Canada for most of its oil. Of course the USA would defend Canada in an instant. They do not want Russia on their back door with control of the vast resources Canada has yet to develop. Russia is the only country in the world that is a larger land mass than Canada. They are already starting to argue that some of our Arctic belongs to them. Americans are our friends , and it should always be that way, despite our English and French influences.

Canada is a lot less violent than the USA. It also looks after its citizens better with health care that is free. Its not perfect, but it makes life a lot easier and less worry some when you get older. I agree, Canada does depend on the USA for protection, because we are so close and share the worlds longest undefended border. Canada is the largest trading partner to the USA. The USA depends on Canada for most of its oil. Of course the USA would defend Canada in an instant. They do not want Russia on their back door with control of the vast resources Canada has yet to develop. Russia is the only country in the world that is a larger land mass than Canada. They are already starting to argue that some of our Arctic belongs to them. Americans are our friends , and it should always be that way, despite our English and French influences.
You gave us Justin Bieber.......damn you:red with anger:

With forensic DNA the norm, it is highly unlikely these days. Of course. if you live in Argentina where the government 'disappears' its enemies, that is another story

forensic dna, how many capital cases do you think that is even a factor in. how many are lacking in that and perhaps any legitimate evidence.

Many Canadians love to gloat how much better they are in terms of health care, general living conditions, quality of life, universities, cultural life, etc etc etc etc etc.

While there are exceptions, Canadians generally have a high and superior attitude to those of us in the United States.

It must be so so exceptional to live in such wonderful, nearly utopic, near perfect place.

:green puke::green puke::green puke:

Last edited:
It's not Canada's fault (besides Bieber, that is) that they don't have a completely mutherfucking open-door policy that lets all the shit flow right into the country that are the ones doing [most] of this killing!

Many Canadians love to gloat how much better they are in terms of health care, general living conditions, quality of life, universities, cultural life, etc etc etc etc etc.

While there are exceptions, Canadians generally have a high and superior attitude to those of us in the United States.

It must be so so exceptional to live in such wonderful, nearly utopic, near perfect place.

:green puke::green puke::green puke:

And Arrowman, it must be so hard for you - so near to Paradise and yet so far. Why, if they built the Burj Khalifa in Chicagoland, I reckon you could almost see Paradise on the horizon beyond the ruins of Detroit? When the wind is fair on a warm summer night, can you pick up the faint scent of Paradise - of those living conditions, healthcare, universities, quality of life, culture, schools where you don't get shot, etc?
Arrowman, I weep for you.

PS. Do I get to change my name to St Sebastian for this? :shooting spree: :eek:

And Arrowman, it must be so hard for you - so near to Paradise and yet so far. Why, if they built the Burj Khalifa in Chicagoland, I reckon you could almost see Paradise on the horizon beyond the ruins of Detroit? When the wind is fair on a warm summer night, can you pick up the faint scent of Paradise - of those living conditions, healthcare, universities, quality of life, culture, schools where you don't get shot, etc?
Arrowman, I weep for you.

PS. Do I get to change my name to St Sebastian for this? :shooting spree: :eek:
Hmmm, where do I start. Chicago doesn't need a Burj Khalifa, they have Sears Tower (now Willis). America has the best universities in the world...Harvard, Princeton, Yale, M.I.T. their scholars win more Nobel Prizes than anybody. You are nobody until you make it in America...movies, sports, television. Even Beckham lives here lol. Our immigrants assimilate quickly after one generation......the Pakis in the U.K. are the most militant and vicious fiends in the world, joining ISIS by the thousands. Keep your Queen and her perverted family

" Keep your Queen and her perverted family " - aw damn, must we? Though give me Prince Harry to play with ...

But hey, we have a Necropigsheadfucker as leader - now you can't beat that, not even Canada can beat that [smiles sweetly]

" Keep your Queen and her perverted family " - aw damn, must we? Though give me Prince Harry to play with ...

But hey, we have a Necropigsheadfucker as leader - now you can't beat that, not even Canada can beat that [smiles sweetly]
OK, you got me there, Harry is a doll

Back