Movies and TV Series: What are you currently watching?

Thanks for the review, haven't seen this movie yet it's causing quite a stir on the internet.

Just watched the last episode of The Handmaid's Tale. Found the show enjoyable and very relavant to modern society.

Anyone seen the new episodes of Twin Peaks?

Thanks for the review, haven't seen this movie yet it's causing quite a stir on the internet.

Just watched the last episode of The Handmaid's Tale. Found the show enjoyable and very relavant to modern society.

Anyone seen the new episodes of Twin Peaks?

I think you should definitely check it out ASAP! Then you'll see and feel what the majority saw and felt...

I don't know about the movie, but "It" was the scariest book I ever read. King did a great job.

Gerald's Game is supposed to be coming to Netflix soon. I loved the book, basically a guy ties his wife to a bed and then dies. I remember in book the descriptions of his naked corpse. Something I am def going to watch though I expect he won't be naked

The Shape of Water.
It's beautiful. Great performance, lovely soundtrack, nice costumes and CG but not too much, there's romance action and a bit of fetish. If you like Edward Scissorhands or Beauty and the Beast without musicals, then this is for you.

Coco
A heartwarming family movie. Disney did it again.

Thanks I will check it out.

The other day I finished watching the entire first season of Big Little Lies and really loved it for start to finish...and there is a dead guy in the final episode. :aha:

I've been seeing and hearing a lot lately about Coco. If I was paying proper attention, it's a cartoon about a Latino boy. I can't get too excited about cartoons, though I remember enjoying Finding Nemo.

The Constant Gardner is true to Kibera (slum iof over 1 million people n Nairobi where I did some research 2007-9). It is about drug companies abusing clinical research trials.

^sometimes, cartoon has a lot more moral education and so than a live action or movies. You should try it. I recommend Zootopia.

Currently watching Sailor Moon Crystal season 3.

Ito Junji Collection.
If you like weird and frightening stories like Yami Shibai, then this is for you.

Just finished watching this film, fresh from the theater and I must say it was very good! :excellent:

Loved the performances of everyone, especially Skarsgård's, as Pennywise the Clown.

This is the 2nd adaptation from Stephen King's novel, the first being a mini-television series, which was considered a classic the horror genre. The newly released film is also considered as one of the best adaptations from King's work, and not to mention the highest grossing film adaption, of King's, to date. I loved the intensity and atmosphere of the film.

:5 stars: Bravo!

Have you seen Bill Skarsgard as Roman in Hemlock Grove?! Another great performance of his! I'd have to say that he's one of my favorite younger actors by a long shot.

I'm currently watching Tiger King. It's a wild ride from start to finish.

KILLING EVE (third season)....Jodie Comer is the best villainess in Christendom

"Shitt's Creek" (final season)
"Plot Against America" (HBO Miniseries)

Back