Movies and TV Series: What are you currently watching?

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone seen Nightcrawler with Jake Gyllenhaal? I haven't seen it myself yet but all the reviews I read so far were positive.

NIGHTCRAWLER is a pulse-pounding thriller set in the nocturnal underbelly of contemporary Los Angeles. Jake Gyllenhaal stars as Lou Bloom, a driven young man desperate for work who discovers the high-speed world of L.A. crime journalism. Finding a group of freelance camera crews who film crashes, fires, murder and other mayhem, Lou muscles into the cut-throat, dangerous realm of nightcrawling -- where each police siren wail equals a possible windfall and victims are converted into dollars and cents. Aided by Rene Russo as Nina, a veteran of the blood-sport that is local TV news, Lou thrives. In the breakneck, ceaseless search for footage, he becomes the star of his own story.

Just watched it, enjoyable performace by Jake Gyllenhaal. :great:

Few min ago I was watch movie "NON-STOP"

non_stop_poster-620x356.jpg

TV series 'Banshee'. Last year young dude (pictured on the left) was made into sausage meat, literally..........after he porked the boss's niece

Last edited:
THE BEST OF ME (2014)

Only good part is when James Marsden dies.

THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL (2014)

ce61410a8bb2183d45bc67f8952bbbb9_1.jpg

I recently watched the Grand Budapest and loved it from start to finish Ralph Fiennes is one of my favourite actors and was awesome as always.

:5 stars: I give the movie five stars and hope it wins an Oscar.

BIRDMAN (2014)

892f7543051b710e0a9171ab11158504_1.jpg

A lot of effort went into Birdman's cinematography but otherwise the plot is meaningless.

THE BOY NEXT DOOR
14v37ee.jpg

Just watched it in the theaters just because Ryan Guzman in it! He shows tons of skin and at the end gets killed! Overall however, the movie wasn't that great and the plot wasn't so good.

Whiplash (2014)

Whiplash_poster.jpg

Intense perforamce by J. K. Simmons

da5863396765752.jpg

The Simpsons Movie. One of the best movies of 2007.

Just finished the series ending of Mad Men, starring Jon Hamm and his Hammaconda. It was great.
The ending may be one of the most perfect in television history. Don Draper finds the path to a glimmer of peace, and the ad industry immediately exploits it, so brilliantly that we didn't even know we were being subverted.

down-where-the-dead-delight-holmes-and-watson-must-search-for-a-any-picture-id506934430

Elementary on cbs

Season 4, Episode 11 Down Where the Dead Delight

First Aired: February 4, 2016
Holmes and Watson search for a killer without any physical evidence to help them after a bomb explodes in the New York City morgue. Meanwhile, Joan grows suspicious when a detective she is in a grudge match with asks her to consult on a case.

Last edited:
17lf0eaf6rbk1jpg.jpg

Perfect Strangers
American sitcom

When Wisconsin native Larry Appleton moves into his first apartment in Chicago, he enjoys his newfound privacy. But that privacy quickly vanishes when Balki Bartokomous, a previously unknown cousin from Mediterranean island of Mypos, shows up wanting to move in. Larry decides to act as a mentor to Balki and help teach him about life in America, which is vastly different than what Balki is used to in his homeland. The two grow close as time goes on, going on many wacky adventures.

netflix%20stranger%20things%20poster.jpg

Stranger Things season 1 beautifully crafted and fun to watch.

Just finished watching this film, fresh from the theater and I must say it was very good! :excellent:

Loved the performances of everyone, especially Skarsgård's, as Pennywise the Clown.

This is the 2nd adaptation from Stephen King's novel, the first being a mini-television series, which was considered a classic the horror genre. The newly released film is also considered as one of the best adaptations from King's work, and not to mention the highest grossing film adaption, of King's, to date. I loved the intensity and atmosphere of the film.

:5 stars: Bravo!

Last edited:
Back