Are my posts welcome or not?

millerbiller

Forum Resident
I received a negative recommendation from phyzzique because I posted some pictures he had posted the day before. I've posted quite a lot during the last 6 months and I guess there may be I guess about one repost out of 7 or 8 posts or so on average. This I cannot avoid, especially since the forum disappears often for long periods. It can always happen that I overlook a post, so it would be nice to hear from others, especially from the other moderators, if my posts are welcome or not. If occasional reposts are such a big problem it seems to be better I return to do what most members do here, that is to leave a few comments, take the pics I am interested in and not sharing anything myself. Please make it clear for me!

Reposts happen, relax of course you are welcome here judging by your reputation level. Keep up the good work! :great:

Your posts are greatly valued. Sometimes re-posts are just an accident of timing. I've posted "scoops" only to find that I've been beaten to the punch. The excitement of finding a great subject for posting often precludes the idea of searching the recent posts to see if you are duplicating things. I'd rather see things twice than not at all. I've seen reposts by Meatpie, but no-one shouts "reposts"; and he's such a phenominal poster.

Don't submit to bullying, 'cos that is what it is! If you constantly reposted, then I might say differently. Be encouraged mate. Love yah!

If occasional reposts are such a big problem it seems to be better I return to do what most members do here, that is to leave a few comments, take the pics I am interested in and not sharing anything myself. Please make it clear for me!

hey mb...of course your posts are welcome - I try really hard not to duplicate material - but I still manage to do it!!!!! Most of our regular posters do it. With such a busy forum..its hard to keep track....as sunray said ... my own view is...its better to post, even with the occasional repost, than to not post...so please keep up the good work :yes:

Your posts are greatly valued. Sometimes re-posts are just an accident of timing. I've posted "scoops" only to find that I've been beaten to the punch. The excitement of finding a great subject for posting often precludes the idea of searching the recent posts to see if you are duplicating things. I'd rather see things twice than not at all. I've seen reposts by Meatpie, but no-one shouts "reposts"; and he's such a phenominal poster.

Don't submit to bullying, 'cos that is what it is! If you constantly reposted, then I might say differently. Be encouraged mate. Love yah!
The top posters on this site proffer wonderful photographs and spend much time collecting same. If ragtag members wish to repost, well there isn't much that can be done to prevent that. As for your "scoops" I have yet to see anything worthwhile

Like most people have said, keep posting Millerbiller! We all repost occasionally - sensible to take a bit of care but happens to all of us, better to post twice than not at all.
And like Meatpie says, your reputation level answers the question straight off.
Keep up the good work!

Back