Tumblr vs Facebook

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
375158535_1386470615.gif

People have been saying for months that tumblr is going to kill facebook and the biggest social network has finally admitted that millions are leaving facebook every month.

Two of our top posters just announced they've decided to leave CDG and start their own blogs on tumblr.

How much do you think our community will be affected by the rise of tumblr and what do you think really attracts people to the microblog?

I'm curious as to why they feel the need to leave this site, just to start a blog on tumblr. Several members, including myself, are both members here and write their own blogs, either at tumblr or at blogger.

Two of our top posters just announced they've decided to leave CDG and start their own blogs on tumblr.

:question mark: Who? And why 'leave CDG'? I'd say it's OK to start your own blog, and I wish them good luck, but that doesn't mean they have to leave here.

Search me, I haven't the foggiest why so many people are turning to tumblr when in my view it's no different than Blogger.

That's why I posted this thread to see if anyone else thinks tumblr offers something that we have totally missed here on CDG and I promise our team will look into it.

"Two of our top posters just announced they've decided to leave CDG and start their own blogs on tumblr."

In my opinion, tumblr will be around until the next hot thing, just like facebook and myspace before it. But Pierce asked who was leaving, and I'd like to know too. I don't recall seeing anyone post that they were leaving, and I'd hate to lose TWO top posters.

I don't want to stir any unnecessary drama but fact of the matter is both dudes are in our top posters list and their accounts are dead.

That's a real shame - have you Pm'ed them to ask why, may be some problem we could address?

I deleted my facebook account after moving to Kansas to take care of mommie dearest.
Too many religious freaks trying to save me and play games. Never done tumblr, CDG is one of a kind and cannot be duplicated.
All the best of luck but they will be back.

I have looked through tumblr and have found it difficult to navigate at times and can't see they would allow a lot of the items like posted on CDG. I fail to see the advantage.

I use Tumblr a lot and run a successful blog on there. But it took me over a year to get it off the ground.
It offers no more then we get on CDG.
CDG members need to be aware of Tumblr guidelines and i think the content we get on here would fall foul of them. The audit trail Tumblr gives the blog owners also means nothing can be done anonomously. And you need an account to view and like things.
CDG is unique for our audiance.

That's a real shame - have you Pm'ed them to ask why, may be some problem we could address?

Yes we keep in touch and they said they love CDG and have nothing against the community which is all the more puzzling and that is the reason I posted this thread to see what attracts people to tumblr.

Our doors shall remain open if they wish to return.

Back