JMsidious

CDG Devotee
It's rare that we as a society can look into the future and say with certainty that on this date, history will be made.

We can say that about Nov. 4, 2008.

On that date, what has exclusively been a white man's club will be forced to expand its membership to include either the first female vice president or the first black commander in chief. In that regard, no matter who you decide to vote for on Election Day, change is coming.

I believe the best person to lead this country into a new era, a time of reflection and renewal following what can only be described as the most catastrophic presidency in our history, is Barack Obama.

Electing Obama would send a message to everyone around the world, and everyone in this country, that we realize how far we've strayed from the ideals that made this country great, and that we want to return to those philosophical roots of freedom and equality for all.

Beyond that, Obama has the temperament for leadership. He is unflappable in the face of extreme stress, and makes decisions based on methodical reasoning with well-prepared advisers who aren't afraid to state their own opinions. Part of being a great leader is knowing who to turn to for advice, whether you like what they have say or not.

Such an approach would have gone a long way in recent years to prevent the various catastrophes that still plague us today. Obama is enormously intelligent, creative and cautious by nature. In essence, he is the exact opposite of George W. Bush.

Obama has the ability to inspire people, lift them up and renew their desire to make this country great again. In a time of bitter division, there can be no better cure.

He is the man of the moment, a rare convergence of talent, fate and opportunity. He has been described as post-racial and post-partisan, because all types of people can look at Obama and see a decent human being, and even a part of themselves reflected.

Over the past 30 years, the American electorate has grown bitter, jaded by the histrionics and partisanship of Washington, D.C.

I think Barack Obama is providing this country with an opportunity to believe again -- to pick a president they want rather than the lesser of two evils -- and to hope for a time when America finally returns to its now-tattered reputation for being a beacon to all the world.

JMsidious endorses Barack Obama for president of the United States.

obama1.jpg

YESSSSSSSSS !

JM, well-stated, BRAVO !!!

well written if you wrote it yourself.

Obama is your next president. May say he will fail though.

We will see.

I saw it online and adapted it to post here. It is well written, that's why I love it.
Some say Obama will be the Jimmy Carter to the next Republican. I kinda think that will be true. I hope he really makes an impact.

He will either make America a global superpower and I move there or you fail badly and China and Russia rule the world.

He will either make America a global superpower and I move there or you fail badly and China and Russia rule the world.

Make America a global superpower? It is the ONLY superpower in the world now.

But I agree - He will either make us stronger, or weaken us so badly we'll never recover. I just want CHANGE - I'm willing to take the risk.

We will see at the end of the race....

*Cough Cough* Europe is also quite a superpower ;)

November 4, 2008. 11:00 PM, EST Barack OBAMA elected President. How sweet it is!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 553
  • 439959.jpg
    439959.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 808
Since, I'm the old fart here, let me inject a little of that wisdom of age thing here.

OLD GUY CIVICS 101

No politician, and no party, is what it says it is.

No candidate will keep a promise that becomes inconvenient; all have private agendas that will not become visible until too late.

A government that promises to cut taxes is usually slightly more expensive than one that promises to raise them, but the entertainment value of the former is greater.

Money, in fact, generally rules all, except in cases where it's defeated by a superior force, which is usually stupidity.

All elections are a choice of evils.

We will see at the end of the race....

*Cough Cough* Europe is also quite a superpower ;)

Actually, globalization will make the term irrelevant. It really had no more reason for being after the cold war. But, I agree, Europe is getting there - but it isn't united enough yet - but very well will be.

JM, I'd like you to know that we have american tv and itnernets here and see whats happening in your country.

I saw families with small babies living in the streets because they couldn't pay their mortgages, I saw people dying of cancer because they health insurance didn't cover this treatment and it costs $30,000 to undergo just a single surgery.

I also saw thousands of thousands of people living on the streets of LA!!!!

WTF MAN? And you are so proud ?

Your banks collapsed, and clearly there is not enough energy for everyone, large nigger population and black crime in big cities, esp Chicago.

A great nation?

All you got is weapons but they are no use now.

China and Russia are really powerful nations, they are building like crazy, have huge populations, natural resources and more land than the US.

WTF? You are no longer a superpower, face it!

Obama has a chance to make America really the best nation to live in but there is a chance that you will fail badly so I wouldn't be so confident.

We will see!

Congrats on your first black president.

Obama WINS!!

I hope the world will become a more stable place now!!

If you win by 349 to 147 Electoral Votes, a lot of people believe in you!!

I wish all our US members lots of strength, good times and above all, HAPPY DAYS!!!

Obama WINS!!

I hope the world will become a more stable place now!!

If you win by 349 to 147 Electoral Votes, a lot of people believe in you!!

I wish all our US members lots of strength, good times and above all, HAPPY DAYS!!!

Bush has screwed up the US so much we do not know what way is up. No matter who was running as the Democratic nominee, they would have won hands down because we have had our fill of the Republicans for the last 8 years. A dead man could have been on the ballot, and won. That actually happened in Arkansas, I think it was, during a state race. The US is no longer a superpower. The nearest thing that resembles what the US and the former USSR were when they ruled global politics is the upcoming EU and lesser developed but growing by leaps and bounds countries like China. We did ourselves in. Before we become protector of the world's downtrodden, how about taking care of our own first? In a country like the US, there is no socialized or nationalized medicine. France can have it, Canada can have it, why can't we? We are too busy chasing after imaginary WMDs and ridding the world of all of its evil, non-democratic rulers. Diversity makes the world go round. Not everyone and not every place wants to be or has the desire to be a democracy. Let's feed our hungry. Get our homeless in to homes. Get our unemployed citizens working again. Take care of our elderly and sick. Then, when the issues here at home are under control, you can look outside the borders and see who might need our help. Our economy is on the brink of god knows what. The US will never go bankrupt, but its citizens are by the thousands. Neither candidate was right for the US at this moment in time. I do not feel that we are ready for President-elect Obama and all of the stigma attached. The US is now under the world's microscope with every move being watched to see how we react and what we do now that there is going to be a man of color in the White House. Every move has to be carefully orchestrated or else the whole house of cards is going to come tumbling down. There was a bit on the radio today saying that we will now have to rename the White House, as its new resident is not in keeping with that color scheme. And so the fun begins. I hope and prey that the extremists in the US and the world do not have us singled out as a target now that there will be an african-american in office. I know that some folks in the deep dark reaches of the south are seething and ready to have themselves a lynching. There have already been two or more thwarted attempts on Obama's life. As long as everyone remains colorblind, we will be o.k. The moment race enters the picture, we can bend over and kiss our asses goodbye because it is all over but the shouting.

Hey man, just read your post. I am impressed, seems not all Americans are narrow-minded and have a good perspective on the world and how things are in reality.

That point about the White House was nasty. I hope Obama makes a great president because Bush really ruined the image of America.

He was in Sofia several times and made blunders and spoke like a cowboy and the media here absolutely poked fun of him.

And we are hundreds and hundreds of miles away. Your presidents creates an image of America as narrow-minded people. Sorry to say, I know its not like this.

Obama seems more refined.

LoL.

I also hope as you said and that you don't become a target again because what happened on 9/11 scarred humanity for eternity. To this day how anyone would do this is beyond me.

Take care mate and be more optimistic, don't get dejected and think life is easy in Europe than its in America.

Our healthcare system is like that in France so thats at least one good thing about my country but we have many other problems too like organized crime in big cities.

We have no place to go but up from here. I hope he does well as well. Anything is better than another Bush relative in office. When Bush speaks, it brings back the bright moments in our past like VP Quayle and his potato blunder. I think there should be some kind of testing prior to allowing the folks to take office. If they pass, great. If not, be gone with you. Something like the testing done when going for your PhD. The really minute details and being able to articulate and use proper speech count. Only time will tell. If we can make it until January, I think we will be o.k. But if I hear one more thing about this First puppy business for his daughters, I....well I guess it is a slow news week since all of the election stuff has come to an end and the waiting is over. Life is rough all over. I never thought it was easier across the pond. With all of the images posted of dead guys in accidents, etc. from your region, I am amazed anyone makes it anywhere alive. Every country has its own evils it must deal with. I hope all is going well on your side of the world. Cheers! :sm (42):

Car accidents claim young life all around the world, the number has risen in Eastern Europe because people were finally able to own several cars, like in America!

So there are more cars on the roads now, hence more accidents.

As an outsider, I said before November 4, 2008 that no matter who won, they could not fix all the rpoblems left by George W. in one term. The Republicans today are trying to say Obama has not fixed them in one term and they can do better at fixing the problems - but you can not blame Obama.

Had radio on to blow hard, "I'm only an entertainer, not commentator ", commentator AM channel other day. Dumb attempt my part to be well rounded, informed. Got head/earache from blowhard B.S. Very disapointed litttle weighty counter blow. Saw this post RE: Obama. Does anybody agree w/ me that regardless mistakes,failures-the election of Black Man restores cred in Amer. stated ideas,& can at least reduce hypocracy level?

And why don;t Dems point this out?

I'm bothered about the true lack of ideas put fourth by both parties. I find it counterproductive for either side to debase needed debate to point of bringing up Obama's birth issue-I really don't see how John Mccain wouldn't have had same prob.! When get im even more cynical mood, I start to think there's WAY to much $ thrown out-esp at villifiing Obama. (also thick REPS have resp for starting hate & whisper campaigns w/ Clinton) But the amt of money on both sides HAS to corrupt BOTH parties. All politicians, regardless intent, end up prostituting themselves for $. Sorry, think im starting to rant & get off topic. Bye,

Last edited:
Back