Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow -- I have no idea any more how I acquired my belief about the rarity of stomach cancer, but I've been under that misapprehension for ages. Thank you for correcting me.

That tells you a lot about the inner workings of the brain and more specifically how it can reinforce false memory. No modern computer can do that.

A clever trick is to keep your mouth shut when you are unsure if the information you store inside your head is 100% correct.

I often plant false information into people's heads just as a test initially they may resists then confusiton follows but eventually they start to convince themselves the information is true and accept it as a fact.

Ridiculous situations occur and I enjoy it just as I now did with our little discussion here.

I will offer one bit of evidence in my defense. I just looked up Stomach Cancer at healthline.com and found the following...

"The National Cancer Institute (NCI) estimates there’ll be approximately 28,000 new cases of stomach cancer in 2017. The NCI also estimates that stomach cancer is 1.7 percent of new cancer cases in the United States.

While stomach cancer is relatively rare compared to other types of cancer, one of the biggest dangers of this disease is the difficulty of diagnosing it. Since stomach cancer usually doesn’t cause any early symptoms, it often goes undiagnosed until after it spreads to other parts of the body. This makes it more difficult to treat."

Maybe that just goes to show that one can find a quotation online to support anything, right or wrong.

Your source is credible and can be trusted with high level of confidence. Notice however that in my post above I said "globally" while your statistics refers only to the United States.

Japan and South Korea for example have very high rates of the disease and even have regular screening programmes for this particular type of cancer.

My lack of attention to detail has ever been my downfall. :( I do see your point. One must be careful to compare apples to apples or all conclusions reached will be invalid.

Now is the perfect time to encourage all members of CDG in the Far East to have their stomachs screened.

And bodybreaking a very common ending.

He was a police officer in the elite special forces.

I've read that bodybuilders, particularly those with massive musculatures, are actually remarkably weak. Apparently, structural imbalances develop in the body and its attachments due to the unnatural bulk. So, it surprises me that Vilian was a member of an elite special force, where physical fitness would be of the utmost importance.

And bodybreaking a very common ending.

New details emerged today about the crash. Turns out Vilian was headed to the gym with his car but lost control and shamshed into another car head-on. Witness told police that he was able to get out of the vehicle after the crash was able to speak and stand on his feet.

He was taken by ambulance to the nearest hospital where he passed out and most likely died from internal injuries and organ failure.

His funeral is today March 22. A video was uploaded on YouTube showing the scene of the accident.

Dimitar Mitsev, Bulgaria

Currently I can't get any details.

A family man, like Daniel, really should have given up the motorcycle. His wife and kids deserved that small consideration. So much in life that's dangerous can not easily be avoided. Remember, motorcycles are optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back