Which is a better place to live?

• Europe

Votes: 49 54.4%
  • The USA

Votes: 41 45.6%

• Total voters
I think this antagonism towards Mexicans is just the lingering hatred from colonial days. It's obsessive and aggravating for me as a Hispanic person. I don't see Mexicans taking over here in NYC at least. Maybe it's just in the west coast. Here they're picked on by other Hispanic groups and blacks and whites because they're seen as easy targets that don't fight back.
I go to South America and see so many non Hispanic Americans own the most beautiful properties and act like they own the freaking country, I know I'm American too but sometimes I get really jealous. I should have what they've got. They're probably the same people that complain about the immigrants. Why don't they get the heck out of my families country. This is the type of sentiment that makes everyone hate us so much. We Americans go all over the world and behave like we belong there.
I pay plenty of taxes so I have no problem paying for illegal immigrants. I think it's good. I'm paying so much school taxes for other peoples children. I don't even like kids and the wealthier white schools take most of the money anyway leaving the schools in poorer neighborhoods with crap, that's what really bothers me. Why should it bother me to pay for others in need?
I grew up in subsidized housing yes but we were all, blacks and Hispanics mostly, forced into miserable neighborhoods full of crime because landlords didn't like renting to minorities. At least we had the housing projects to go to. We didn't even like each other. I think things are better now at least.
Americans are pretty stupid and historically antagonistic towards Hispanic people since colonial days when the west was partly Spanish colonized. It's really so tiresome. Yes there's a drug problem and the borders need patrolling but drug smuggling is not what most Mexicans come here for.

Europe's better for me (Germany!) too many religious maniacs in the us
and i hate wal mart. we don't have them anymore in germany. the Organizational Culture/ Corporate Culture did not work out over here, "thank god".:wink2:

Europe. Not that the US isn't interesting, but I DONT like the fake atmosphere and the 'We Will Dictate The World Our Ideas of Democraty' and the stupideous religion idiots in the Southern Racists States. Look how they think about gay people. That's just an example. The US is still full of 'little Bushes' every where. Anywhere.

I've been there. I've seen it. Believe me, EU has its downsides as well. But it is by far the better place to live.

Loved the country side though, and San Fransisco which is most likely the most open minded city there. I think all the good Americans are member here at CDG! They must be...

I love this song

imagine from John lennon

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

I live in the American Southwest. Being American Indian, I like what some people might classify as the simple life...No skyscrapers, no smog, only mountains and trees or the dresert, whereever I might be at the moment...hahaha

Sofia
Looks like a nice city....Am getting sick of America....would like to try something new. My friend lives in Chengdu, China and LOVES it...I may try that for a while.

Poll results are amazing, people are split but at this point in time Europe seems doomed, so many countries, so many interests, both business and political.

What makes the US great is that it's all one big nation, something the EU will never be.

I agree with Talldutch's post. I live in Canada but I would say Europe is definitely the better place to live than the USA ,depending on which country in Europe though. I thought Italy was rather beautiful in the south ,I visited there awhile ago. The small town where my mother came from was very nice overall but Italy's current political and financial state is better than Greece but definitely troubled. Spain, Sweden, Iceland, Denmark, and the Netherlands seem like they would all be fairly good (but not perfect) places to live. There is a more progressive political and social atmosphere in those places than there is here in Canada or the USA, which is dreadful. I would also add that the men in Europe can be so beautiful, dignified, intelligent, and charming unlike the USA or Canada where guys with those qualities are becoming rare(if they were ever common). The US has an awful political system and Canada is only slightly better, it appears to be democratic but really corporations have more power than citizens and residents do.

As much as I hate to say it, of those two choices I'd have to say the U.S. I hate how we feel like we have to right to tell the world to be like us. We force our views and expect other countries to conform to us. However, there really are more opportunities here. I would rather live in Canada or Australia.

I'd rather live in europe to some extent... there are just too many dumb people in the United States

sure there are some things you can get more in the united states so in terms of that I suppose america is better.... I've love to like in america but be able to aford to travel in europe a lot

I rather live in Europe. I live in California, in the USA. Let me tell you...its over rated. It looks nothing like on TV. Hollywood is a dirty place full with smog, people and idiots who will annoy you.

Also Healthcare...I have to pay for my own insurance. Since 2006 I have been paying for my own heathcare because of the company I work for had huge cut backs. I am what's called "The working Poor" i make enough to barely get by. I owe more in credit card payments and bills than I make. Its a never ended race for me.

Also there to many black people. The type of work I do I have to deal with rude black, Mexican, white, Korean people daily...but its mostly the blacks. They feel its own to them. I work in a inner city library located in a dying downtown area. There is no business coming to my city so we can thrive. No one wants to pay higher taxes because no one can't find a job. People come into my library daily needed public assistance and internet access. The role of a Librarian has now become that of a social worker. We are now trained to show people who to apply for cash aid benefits online and offer computer classes so they can continue to received their benefits.

Last week I had a mentally ill person come in and knock down several bookshelves in my department. Instead of calling the police, I had to call the Homelessness Advocacy Service so they can come take this man (who on the way out called me a cock sucking homo - how did he know?) to their shelter and give him medication and medical assistance. On their way out, I ask if they can take me with them because I had to wait 45 minutes into my lunch for them to show up and I could sure use an Valium right about now.

So yea...I rather be in Europe! Besides I would be closer to Kylie :love:

Stupid people are all over the place. I don't think you can avoid them in the US or Europe.

I rather live in Europe. I live in California, in the USA. Let me tell you...its over rated. It looks nothing like on TV. Hollywood is a dirty place full with smog, people and idiots who will annoy you.

Also Healthcare...I have to pay for my own insurance. Since 2006 I have been paying for my own heathcare because of the company I work for had huge cut backs. I am what's called "The working Poor" i make enough to barely get by. I owe more in credit card payments and bills than I make. Its a never ended race for me.

Also there to many black people. The type of work I do I have to deal with rude black, Mexican, white, Korean people daily...but its mostly the blacks. They feel its own to them. I work in a inner city library located in a dying downtown area. There is no business coming to my city so we can thrive. No one wants to pay higher taxes because no one can't find a job. People come into my library daily needed public assistance and internet access. The role of a Librarian has now become that of a social worker. We are now trained to show people who to apply for cash aid benefits online and offer computer classes so they can continue to received their benefits.

Last week I had a mentally ill person come in and knock down several bookshelves in my department. Instead of calling the police, I had to call the Homelessness Advocacy Service so they can come take this man (who on the way out called me a cock sucking homo - how did he know?) to their shelter and give him medication and medical assistance. On their way out, I ask if they can take me with them because I had to wait 45 minutes into my lunch for them to show up and I could sure use an Valium right about now.

So yea...I rather be in Europe! Besides I would be closer to Kylie :love:

Awesome post.

:5 stars:

I left you a rating, if I were you I wouldn't be able to hold that jon for long.

Have you considered a career in a LA morgue, rumour has it the morgues in California are the busiest in North America they must be hiring.

Europe is in dire straits at the moment as you may have heard on the news now Spain has asked for a bailout and I have no idea who is paying €100 billion or more.

And all those money are just to "save" the banks.

:facepalm:

Have you considered a career in a LA morgue, rumour has it the morgues in California are the busiest in North America they must be hiring.

I have though about working in the funeral industry. I even look into going to school to become a funeral director. What got me interested in the field was a man by the name of Travis Randell. He handle my grandmother memorial service. I was a wreck when she died, emotional, distrait and just an moody person to be around. I like how he was able to answer all of my questions (how do I know that my grandmother is in this jar and not Mrs Thomsen, your 3 pm) and other random questions I asked him. I started looking around at schools in the area and found one place. Forest Lawn Memorial Park, that offer an apprenticeship with your schooling.

What stop me is the fact I'm so close to getting my degree in Library Science, I'm just to lazy now to go back to school and finish the classes. Also Library Science is a dying field (no pun intended) if anything its people who are more trained in clerical and customer service who now stand a chance to move up. They don't make as much as a Librarian would yearly, but they stand a better chance in having a job longer than a library.

At the end of the day...I like my coworkers and some of the people I work with. I have watch some kids grown up into somewhat responsible adults...and other...well...I could care less for them...like today...this one lady pissed me off...when she left I said to myself..."What would Luka Do?"

LOL

Why are you so obsessed with Luka?

Career choise is hard for gay necros, even if you work in a morgue it's no guarantee you'll be satisfied and every job carries its risks.

If you have money and powerfull friends - USA better of course, but if not - European countries are more comfortable for living.

I remember a short documentary at the end of "Six Feet Under." It was basically about sexuality of funeral directors and such and it seemed very odd. I really do not care if they are gay or not and I really do not want to know, but maybe I should...?

Back