Some news websites claim Nancy Lanzer wasn't a teacher at all.

What a mess.

His mother was a kindergarten teacher according to the latest reports. He shot her at their home and then went to the school, he may have shot out the glass door to the school to get it in according to some reports.

Sadly Arrowman, making gun illegal to own is not the answer. It would just send them underground. I do agree though, that making assault weapons illegal is a good idea. People can argue that rifles and handguns have their place, but assault weapons only place is military. Stricter regulations are what are needed.

Sorry to say, this time it was a 24 yo going for the 'innocence'. I for one am not really surprised by this , as that what the trend was heading for next - the utimate 'snap'!
Let's mearly accept it , friends....days before the world is to end, naturally the totally weak-minded are going to crack! And it's all just started to get rolling in a big way!

there is just no words to describe this tragedy...

I work in a school and I just can't picture the idea of someone coming in and shooting up the school like that...it is even more tragic that it was an elementary school where those kids are just helpless and can't fend for themselves...

this tragedy is just horrible as when I found out about my heart just sank for all the families, children, friends, school personnel involved in this tragedy...not only did all those children lose their lives...those children that survived and witnessed the incident have lost their innocence and they will forever have this memory imprinted and traumtized in their head!

Sadly Arrowman, making gun illegal to own is not the answer. It would just send them underground. I do agree though, that making assault weapons illegal is a good idea. People can argue that rifles and handguns have their place, but assault weapons only place is military. Stricter regulations are what are needed.

Sorry Bindi, but I'm with Arrowman here. The American notion of the 'right to defend yourself' is so ridiculously outdated it's pathetic. Might have worked in the 19th century, but now does a LOT more harm than good.
Just compare the number of gunshot deaths (per 1.000.000 inhabitants) and the severity of gun owning laws (USA versus Canada, or Europe) and see a glaring difference.
In Holland and Norway too there have recently been terrible happenings like this, showing you can't ban tragedies like this completely, but things would get a hell of a lot better in no time in the USA if the laws would be made much stricter, with all gun ownership basically illegal (and some well-controlled exceptions).

Guns especially powerful semi automatic assault rifles belong only with soldiers and police - I think for America there is nothing you can do - so many guns in circulation already Pity there was no police there quick enough to shoot this scum before he could kill so many I didn't read that he wore combat body armour which would have made taking him out easier.

it was an elementary school where those kids are just helpless and can't fend for themselves...

Poor children were just gearing up for Christmas and then this psycho comes in how did he manage to shoot so many, no security in that school no nothing.

Poor children were just gearing up for Christmas and then this psycho comes in how did he manage to shoot so many, no security in that school no nothing.

The madman was actually refused access at first by the school security. I'm afraid no school security is up to this kind of determined power, however sad that is.

According to the Daily Mail the murdered Principal Dawn Hochsprung let Adam in because she recognized him.

article-2248426-1684E9A5000005DC-386_634x356.jpg

Two weeks before the massacre the kids had an evacuation drill.

article-2248426-1684E997000005DC-597_634x414.jpg

The Sandy Hook Book Fairy reads with first graders....

Jesus what a horrible crime, to me this is one of the worst atrocities in human history.

Sorry Bindi, but I'm with Arrowman here. The American notion of the 'right to defend yourself' is so ridiculously outdated it's pathetic. Might have worked in the 19th century, but now does a LOT more harm than good.
Just compare the number of gunshot deaths (per 1.000.000 inhabitants) and the severity of gun owning laws (USA versus Canada, or Europe) and see a glaring difference.
In Holland and Norway too there have recently been terrible happenings like this, showing you can't ban tragedies like this completely, but things would get a hell of a lot better in no time in the USA if the laws would be made much stricter, with all gun ownership basically illegal (and some well-controlled exceptions).

In a perfect world it would be great to have no guns. But we do not live in a perfect world. One of the things that someone who is thinking about robbing a house thinks to themselves is, "Do they have a gun?". That kind of thing, no doubt, dissuades many potential robbers from robbing. If they make all guns illegal, as I said, the guns will just get pushed underground. Then a criminal has fewer worries when it comes to robbing a civilian home.

If guns were illegal, and this psycho wanted badly enough to commit this horror, he would have found one. Would some crimes be stopped from occurring if guns were illegal? Yes, I sure they would. But would other crimes, perhaps even more of them occur because the everyday person could not arm themselves? Yes.

As I said, I completely agree that fully automatic guns should be removed from the market, as I see no purpose for them other than for the military. Should there be more and stiffer gun regulations? Absolutely. The term, "gun control" frequently gets misused as meaning no guns at all. What it really means is literally gun CONTROL not gun elimination.

I do agree, that frequently the things our forefathers said are antiquated and outdated, but our right to bear arms is not one of them.

The real problem is our society is fucked up and will continue to get worse. These tragedies unfortunately aren't going anywhere. Regardless of any laws. We live in a sad, sad world. I would have loved to have gone all, "Dexter Morgan" on this guy.

oh please stop watching Fox News.....they are conservative Republican-connected bigots on that channel

Fox News says the guns used in the shooting were owned by and legally registered to Nancy Lanza mother of the dudes who is a corpse now in her house shot by Adam.

VICTIMS: Six-year-old Noah Pozner was shot dead

article-2248651-1688AC06000005DC-669_634x794.jpg

Pic from Nov. 13, 2012

:RIP:

Pakistan

Pakistani children light candles in Karachi to pay tribute to the Sandy Hook shooting victims.

Horrible! Poor kids. That killer should die at the hands of the parents of the victims. That would be justice

Horrible! Poor kids. That killer should die at the hands of the parents of the victims. That would be justice

that would've been nice...

but he took the cowardly way out and killed himself...

he should've just killed himself to begin with and leave all these innocent children and people alone!

He shot or broke through a plate glass window next to the door/entry. He was hell-bent on getting in at all costs. After killing the principal and school psychologist he decided to start killing kids. He killed 15 out of 16 students in one classroom, plus the teacher. He went to another first grade classroom and had shot five students before he heard the police and then shot himself. The one little girl that survived in the first class played dead until he was gone. She said the shooter was mad and angry. She apparently said to her mother that she was alright but all of her friends were dead. I get sick thinking about this because I have nieces and nephews that age going to school and I already was concerned about their safety, now this.

Thanks for the info.

It was also revealed today that his shot his mother in the face several times. She was left unrecognizable and police had to use other methods to id her corpse.

Both Adam and his mother are still in morgue, no one wants their bodies.

Back