Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
We have never had so much spam in the entire history of CDG.

Spambots + humans at the same time, they have learnt to trick our spam filters.

Also each spammer is with a different ip address as soon as we block another one launches into attack.

There are like a fucking army.

We deeply regret this situation, please be patient and look on it from the fun side....watch how phyz and I have evolved and quickly block them now, sometimes as quickly as 30 seconds after post.

The spam you DO see is not all the spam we get. Real situation much worse, we are not hiding that.

And please do not quote spam messages.

Your post will be removed and I will personally take reputation points from users who think it's fun to quote spam messages.

If you feel annoyed report the post and we will quickly look into it but don't quote it.

It's meaningless and only adds to the mess.

Thank you.

God help us, these spammers are really getting on my nerves too.

Meatpie, I hate to say it, but the only way to stop them may be for you and phyz to only allow postings after you, he or other mods have approved them. I had to change my yahoo group's settings so that messages require mod approval before a similar spam attack was stopped.

I am always sure to drop you a message anytime I find one that hasn't been dealt with and if there is anything else I can do definitely just ask and I will. We are a ship that will not be sunk. Death to spammers! All of them!

Here's one of the spammers, phyzzie....

ugly_man.jpg

:aha:

thanks Meat-i'll be certain to let you know about any spam. but the idea of holding our replies and posts for approval might ruin the fun of quick posts and RESPONSES or replies to messages. I'll kiss your feet and whatever else you'd enjoy, but please don't take the quick exchanges members have to one another. But I'm sure you'll do whatever you need to do in order to protect this awesome site, and I'll always remain a daily visitor!

Back