• Can't decide

Votes: 20 10.5%

• Total voters

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
adkiY61l.jpg

[SUB]Morgue in Gaza, Nov 19 2012. Dozen of children have been killed in Israeli air strikes in recent days.
[/SUB]
Should we post pics of dead children?

Innocent kids are getting killed in war zones around the world every day, latest victims from Gaza but hundreds of children were killed in Syria this year as well.

Please vote but before you click think for a minute.

If we stop will this change anything? Will the world become a better place?

The answer is NO.

It's hard, it's sick & tragic so many families torn apart in meaningless conflict.

Still I am strongly for posting graphic images from war zones and I believe an photo tells you much more than a lengthy news article.

All war, all religion should be banned on Earth.

Will it ever happen? :not sure:

I agree. As sad as it is, kids die everyday in war. You turn on the news (in the US at least) and they blur out or edit out entirely child deaths in war situations. Do I want to see those pics? No. However, perhaps if these terrible images of war are shown more, then perhaps a dent can be made in all the senseless dying. Will it make a huge impact? I doubt it. The only thing that gives me pause is the idea of someone getting off on the images. But if the images being shown can impact the killing in any way, then we owe it to the victims to try.

I understand either decision however.

Dead kids are not hot at all. only can make my spin feel chill. I personally say: Nope

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why??
so we start attracting child molesters?
if u start putting kids pic up i see it as
the beginning of the end of CDG!!!!!!!

also, i wont feel comfortable here
anymore if you do this...........

Thank you all for your feedback, voting continues until Decemeber.

so long it is not for sexual gratification and more for news and real happenings......

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why??

Strongly agree ... the answer must be NO!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why??

I totally agree with Rick! If you post pics of kids, for any reason, it will attract pedos, and it may will attract the authorities in some countries. I can't think of a better way to destroy this site.

While these happenings do occur, and as important as it is to give these poor victims a voice, this is not the place to do that. The trade off is not worth the risk.

Why the sudden change bindi?

Anyway, the way things are going I expect we will issue a complete ban on dead child photos in December.

Hangtime mentioned that if pedos are attracted here, so could the authorities. I never thought about the authority angle. CDG must be protected. I personally understand wanting to show the true face of war. So I get the idea of showing the pics. But we must have some self preservation as well. It saddens me to be so greedy. That is why I changed my position.

Thank you for your reply, I understand your concerns.

I am also for graphic pics but as you can see poll results are almost unanimous NO.

We are working very well with authorites to expose pedos.

CDG is also affiliated with other sites in the genre and exchange information about potential troublemakers.

Should we post pics of dead children?
Innocent kids are getting killed in war zones around the world every day.
I am strongly for posting graphic images from war zones.
I agree this is a sad and terrible fact that should be exposed as much as possible to shame those who do atrocious things like this.
But I don't think CDG is the proper place for that: this audience is extremely small and well aware of what war does.
It will only give intolerant narrowminded idiots a stick to start hitting CDG with.

All war, all religion should be banned on Earth. Will it ever happen?
War is an efficient way to achieve certain ends, and there's no shortage of cannon fodder so I don't think it will ever happen to ban war completely. It is tragic that there are so many means for terrorists or even ordinary soldiers to create great damage and kill many people at a large distance, without experiencing personally the effects of the rockets fired or bombs set off. It is easy to press a launching button, and almost impossible to kill the same children with a bayonet. It shouldn't be that easy, but unfortunately it is. The percentage of civilian casualties in wars has increased dramatically in the last century. If only we could go back to only swords and spears!

Religion has a better chance of disappearing. I strongly hope this information revolution we're experiencing since Internet arrived will make clear that the nonsense from 'holy books' is too silly to take seriously any longer.

I think that it should be okay to post a photo has incidental child victims in it. e.g. aftermath of a bombing in a marketplace, drowned victims of a boating disaster or tsunami, etc. But I do not think photos where the child is the main subject should be posted. I also don't think that photos that would be available in main stream media can be made into rods for our backs.

Back