Waikiki

Forum Regular
The original post are down about 20 threads that mentions a virus was able to enter CDG members' computers and cause havoc. I was wondering if any of you knowledgeable wizards can tell me (1) is it possible for malware or viruses [I don't know the difference] can penetrate past your nick or signon to identify your true identity, and, if so, how do you avoid that; (2) if you don't know how to fix your computer once it's fucked by a virus and you take it to a tech store like Best Buy or... can the guys there see what I've been looking at and posting and checking out...and are there any adjustments to avoid this? Or would I have to toss out the laptop? (3) I use an entirely different browser for this site (Firefox) than I do for everything else (Chrome) - does this provide any protection, or do the two browsers transfer data anyway? (4) CDG always provides the courtesy of telling me that all cookies have been deleted when I sign out, but none of the other websites I visit does that; does that mean I've been leaving some sort of trail? And if so, what do I do? Thanks guys for any wisdom you can provide!

Hello,

There is always the risk of catching a virus when you are browsing the internet so we highly recommend using an antivirus program with real-time protection.

Firefox and Chrome don't "transfer informaiton" there is no point in using separate browsers for CDG and other websites.

Thanks Meat! (If I may call you "meat"). So when your website says all cookies removed, nothing remains on my computer to track me to the photos, posts, threads that I write? I just want to make sure. (I'm not exactly "out", much less telling everyone about my fantasies that I share with my CDG family). I like the idea of using only one browser...it really saves me time and worry! Thanks again!

If you browser saves history someone that has access to your computer could easily check out your favourite websites.

WOW Meat! I never knew about the "history" thing - I just thought it was temps and cookies! Thanks for the "heads up"! I really need to learn more about 'privacy' settings and precautions using my computer. I owe you big-time. Just name it!

Back