Bernkastel

The Witch of Miracles
The place where possibilities can be visualized an
I am bored so I started this topic to keep myself occupied for a while :|

Does anyone here practice magic tricks or have an interest in the occult or whatever?

As for myself, I believe strongly in magic - something which draws the confused stares of my family - and would like to hear others views on the matter - by magic I mean the kind associated with witches and the trickery kind associated with illusionists.

What do you think of Harry Houdini?
He is said to be the greatest illusionist/magician that ever lived.

Harry Houdini died October 31, 1926 ... on Halloween.
Before he died he said he would return on following Halloweens
to those who knew him during a seance.
To this day,
seances are held on October 31st to see if Houdini reappears.

Check this out:

http://houdini.org/seance-harry-houdini-attractions-pocono-poconos-scranton.html

WE even have a seance for Houdini occurring here in downtown Chicago
this coming October 31, 2012 by a reknown necromancer:

http://www.zerve.com/Necromancer/Houdini

So many unknown mysteries.
~~~ We only get a glimpse in this life what is still to come in the next. ~~~

Last edited:
Oooh finally this forum is becoming interesting.

I prefer spirit boards to seances however.

Still, why was it he died again?

Oooh finally this forum is becoming interesting.

I prefer spirit boards to seances however.

Still, why was it he died again?

Seeing a movie on his life, ..
I think he was punched in the stomach, before his magic escape water trick, by someone he allowed to punch him, to show he was able to stand being punched hard, but he had been punched before he had a chance to flex (tighten) his abs, and the guy did damage to his spleen, without knowing it, and during his water escape trick, his spleen ruptured, and he died in the water tank.

My Grandfather was a local stage magician. He still will show little kids in his neighborhood a coin or sleight of hand trick from time to time. He did teach me some stuff. I have never been into huge stage magic, although some is ok. I much prefer up close magic that can be examined. That stuff takes far more skill to pull off. As for "real" magic, no. I don't believe in it. When I was a teen, I rebelled against my Christian upbringing some by trying out witchcraft. It was all a joke. As an adult I can look at it all with a logical mind and see that it is all a mental game. It is about psyching people out (even when you may not be aware of you doing it). As for Wiccan. I have known a few and everything they practiced was all about worshiping nature, not casting spells. Yes some Wiccans do indeed do that, but not most. And any real satanist will tell you they don't worship satan. It is more about worshiping the "self" more than anything. Other than that it is all show.

What do you think about Psychokinesis? I've read on some sites, that it's possible to generate such abilities.

I would love to believe that it is possible, but I don't believe in it. Look into James Randi, and you'll see that it is always debunked. James Randi has a standing offer and has for a couple of decades, that if you can prove to him that you have any kind of psychic abilities whatsoever, he will write you a check for 1 million dollars. Many people have tried, no one has gotten the money yet. James Randi personally destroyed Uri Gellers carrier by exposing him on national television.

I love escape artists, guys putting themselves in perilous situations, often in spandex, and some times they don't escape.

There was a famous magician not too many years ago who supposedly made a jet disappear, in Las Vegas I think it was, in front of a live audience. I didn't see the stunt, but whenever I think about it my curiosity is renewed as to how he could ever have made such a thing happen.

Back