zambian meat, is in maintenance for some days, or weeks , be patient please ........

It's back!
With this note:
ZambianMeat is back online after a catastrofic server failure.

Roughly 2 weeks ago our hosting provider migrated us to "the cloud" and inadvertently set in motion a chain of events that left our server in a horrible disarray. More so, they refused to acknowledge the problem and subsequently refused to retrieve the automatic backups we were promised. Pissed we have decided to migrate elsewhere.

While doing so we took the opportunity to upgrade our website (for technically inclined we are now on phpBB3 up from phpBB2) for ease of management/backups/security. We restored as much of the data as we could and migrated it over to the new system/website. Fortunately for us we had manual backups, however we made the mistake of relying on the provider for good recent 9 months or so for automated backups. Last manual backup was done late Dec 2011, so we have lost almost all content from 2012, including:

- posts/stories
- users who registered in the last year will have to reregister again
- private messages
- pictures/avatars

Finally, stories/posts/users that existed prior to December 2011 are still here, however for technical reasons (read the version of the old software is shitty) posts/stories/usernames which had non English characters in them have not been properly converted to the new system. This won't be a problem any more going forward, but the transition had to be made. If you had a username with non-english characters and you are unable to login (send me an email/PM and I will change your username to what it should be).

On the off side, because of all this, we have a brand new forum (with most of the old data back) and with some killer features to boot (I will cover those in another topic), and there are more things in the works.

We have learned some hard lessons here. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of time to maintain the website (due to private/professional lives) and that in part resulted in us delegating the backups to our provider. I have plans to ensure backups are automated and fully in our control from now on.

Thank you all for your patience,
longing

I registered for zambian meat site but can't log and or contact moderator please help!!

Just got news the site was hacked and they are having trouble with all the new member reg's

I am kind of glad I never could get into that site. Registered maybe three times, every time my account was deleted with no explanation. Screw them.

what is the web address for the site so I can look it up
The site closed down due to idiotic legislation passed by the U.S. congress. The site owners did not want to risk legal exposure for things done by their members (it was, after all, a site devoted to men killing and eating other men). This same legislation also led craigslist to stop carrying personal ads, for the same rationale.

Back