Pittsburgh sister city with Sofia

I have to admit the two guys shot by the cops were blacks. Brownsville is a black neighborhood. The dangerous parts are often black but sometimes black and hispanic too.
My neighborhood is mostly Polish but also regular whites, and Mexican plus a few other hispanic groups. Not many blacks here at all. I have a good view of the Manhattan skyline from here especially the Empire State building. The Twin Towers also were clearly visible before 9/11.
In my peoples' defense though, there are lots of nice latino neighborhoods with little crime. Mostly in Queens, which is overall pretty nice. I've lived there. Queens is almost suburban but close to the center too. It's like every country is represented there in very nice neighborhoods. I lived in a Colombian and Indian neighborhood in Queens. I really liked it. Actually it's like every neighborhood has some Hispanic group in it, the good neighborhoods and bad ones. Chinese are spread all around too. I think there's a China town in every borough.
As to black people, I can't say I'm not totally biased, I got robbed by three black guys in
my old neighborhood and some blacks didn't like us growing up, but some of them did. Harlem in Manhattan and downtown Brooklyn are nicer black neighborhoods, but I haven't been to those parts enough to say for sure. I hear a lot of good stuff though.

Pittsburgh looke dlike avery nice city when I went thru it by Greyhound and by train!

Hope to come back there someday and see the place. It looks like a German City somewhere in the Mountains!

Pittsburgh, points east to mid Pennsylvania and points west - i.e. the Akron/Canton/Cleveland/Youngstown/Toledo areas of Ohio are very blue collar, working class, older cities where a large percentage of the population can trace its roots to immigrants overseas - old Europe, Eastern Europe, etc. The people work hard and the play hard. They worship American football pro and college - Pittsburgh - home of the Steelers, Cleveland - home of the Browns, West Virginia University - home of the Mountaineers, Penn State - home of the Nittany Lions, etc. Home games here are just a tad less explosive than football (soccer) games are on the other side of the pond. They are a proud folk and there are also a large number of Amish and Mennonite settlements in this area as well. If I had my way, I be back to this area in a heart beat. They know how to live, know what is important, and they are real, unlike the folks you meet out on the west coast - like hey dudes, what's up?! Pittsburgh is a nice place. Just like any city in any country, there are good parts and parts you don't go to after dusk. You will see a whole different side of the USA if you explore the mid-section and disregard the coasts. Nothing against NYC, Los Angeles, etc., a lot of the folks there are trying to be something they aren't or make it in a business - acting, theater, dance, so they tend to hide who they really are. There are some decent folk in these places, don't get me wrong. You should come back to the US, rent a car, get a map, and just drive - stopping where you feel like along your route and explore. We are all not as bad as our political candidates look. :)

Attachments

• 02-outdoor-hanging.jpg
    02-outdoor-hanging.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,530
  • 01-outdoor-hanging.jpg
    01-outdoor-hanging.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,797
  • 03-outdoor-hanging.jpg
    03-outdoor-hanging.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 2,276
  • sunrise_reveals_naked_murdered_men.jpg
    sunrise_reveals_naked_murdered_men.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,947
  • shot_dead_naked_youth.jpg
    shot_dead_naked_youth.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,958
Thanks for the explanation. So it's just random?

Pretty much - but they try to match according to economics, arts, population and such.

Attachments

• LZHLHV%MYPRXOEGODM6M8{1.jpg
    LZHLHV%MYPRXOEGODM6M8{1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 2
Pittsburgh, points east to mid Pennsylvania and points west - i.e. the Akron/Canton/Cleveland/Youngstown/Toledo areas of Ohio are very blue collar, working class, older cities where a large percentage of the population can trace its roots to immigrants overseas - old Europe, Eastern Europe, etc. The people work hard and the play hard. They worship American football pro and college - Pittsburgh - home of the Steelers, Cleveland - home of the Browns, West Virginia University - home of the Mountaineers, Penn State - home of the Nittany Lions, etc. Home games here are just a tad less explosive than football (soccer) games are on the other side of the pond. They are a proud folk and there are also a large number of Amish and Mennonite settlements in this area as well. If I had my way, I be back to this area in a heart beat. They know how to live, know what is important, and they are real, unlike the folks you meet out on the west coast - like hey dudes, what's up?! Pittsburgh is a nice place. Just like any city in any country, there are good parts and parts you don't go to after dusk. You will see a whole different side of the USA if you explore the mid-section and disregard the coasts. Nothing against NYC, Los Angeles, etc., a lot of the folks there are trying to be something they aren't or make it in a business - acting, theater, dance, so they tend to hide who they really are. There are some decent folk in these places, don't get me wrong. You should come back to the US, rent a car, get a map, and just drive - stopping where you feel like along your route and explore. We are all not as bad as our political candidates look. :)

this was sooo well written and informative, thanks.

Unfortunately lots of bad bad things happened in the US over the last several years - from worst terrorists attack in history, to worst, deadliest, costlies and most powerful hurricanes, to a global financial meltdown that some claim originates in America.

From what I see on TV I just could fit in that society. Too much consumerism, waste of energy and stiff competition to live in LA or NYC and get good jobs.

I was absolutely amazed when they showed some employees leaving banks on Times Square, some even carried their own laptops.

Yeah, it's too depressing hearing about the financial stuff so I haven't been.
I hope things improve. Maybe with a new president.

We are facing somewhat of a crisis here too. Many people continue to lose their jobs, factories close.

I am really scared of losing my job too. Also banks won't give you a morgage here and if you already have on you now pay double.

Hope we pull through.

Attachments

• species1.jpg
    species1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,259
  • the hunters1.jpg
    the hunters1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,234
  • tormented2.jpg
    tormented2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,027
  • tormented3.jpg