Deutsche Welle: Germany in Deep Recession

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Germany is in deep recession according to an analysis by Deutsche Welle.

The economy has contracted by 6% since the start of 2009. Pensions are low, consumers buy less.

Exports have shrunk. The prospects for the future are not good, according to the article.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,4199065,00.html

That`s a great problem. In germany are more than 8 till 10 million people without a real work. The statistic delete people who visits schools or work for a government 1 euro job because they do not find a fulltime work to live from. Also people who are 60 and older are do not in the statistics. If the economy do not grew up the system don`t work.

You are right. Its the more or less the same situation in all EU countries. Hope the economy gets back on track, otherwise we are ruined for years to come.

We have 10% unemployment where I live. Our norm during good times is 4%. Unless your in the top income bracket, everyone is just taking it in the ass.

Its even worse here, they won't even take me for lame jobs like fast food restaurant, and I used to be executive in a decent company.

:(

still don't see more poverty and problems because of this crisis. fuck opel! germany is still one of the best places to live in!

It all has to do with social safety programs. Something the US lacks, so over here we are seeing an increase in poverty,hunger, and crime.

Back