Drawn and quartered - usually their parts are displayed. Did it show that in the film as well?

I think they had to bend the rules a little. When breaking someone on the wheel, its traditional to only break the bones of the arms and legs and intertwine them in the spokes of the wheel so the victim can die slowly. When drawing and quartering, I doubt the victim was given that much consideration not to injure their arms. How the parts were disposed of varied some from burning to throwing out with the trash. Feeding to swine was popular in some parts. I'm sure the swine enjoyed the meat. I just wonder who ate the swine?

Episode 5 is not drawn and quartered. It's execution by sawing in half. Hang condemned upside down, then saw through from ass to head, dividing condemned in two. According to stories about it, the condemned usually lived almost until the saw reached the chest area.

Brutal!

And great that series are showing full frontal male nudity nowadays. Down with the hypocritical and historically incorrect loincloths!

In which a series of "Borgia" Episode 5 is shown sawing penalty????

For me, the fun is imagine being the actor. The only person naked on set and being put in these physically challenging positions - it's got to be vulnerable and humiliating. It is sort of fun also that there is another nude actor suffering with me :)

OMFG - those scenes are so hot! I love Marco Calvani (actor) being broken on the wheel. He's a hot guy with the kind of lean body I like. I almost came in my pants just watching it. Yes, shooting the scene must have been awesome for all the actors. It's also great to imagine seeing those things - a naked man led to his humiliating death as a warning to others. Displayed in front of all to see your shame and suffering. Much like crucifixion.

Here are some more caps from Borgia - SPOILER WARNING! Hot dead guy though!

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/12zzbp3adxmkafuj682g8mwifx4xv5fo

Question - it looks, in the first pictures, when March is being led to his execution, as if his penis is circumcised? I didn't think Italians did that often. In the later shots, when he's broken and bloodied, it looks like he has a short foreskin. Anyone know? Would he pull his skin back for filming?

The guy getting sawed in half appears to be circumcised also.

Just curious.

-TK

Some things are clearer - as for circumcision, I think he is intact but it is not clear.

Back