Alex, those are very fine Tankles - just be careful Tomasz Schafernaker doesn't take it into his cute head to use one on you. :too hard to take:

Thanks for explaining. In recent years we also started to get winters without snow which was unusual in the 80s.

Current models suggest more snow and another arctic blast for the UK next week.

wNsjyfc.png

We will see - our weather does seem to be in a cold pattern. In England you are never that far from the sea, and in the North you are never far from the hills either. So whether the wind is off the sea, or coming over the hills with a rainshadow and fohn effect can make a huge difference - and with low-level temperatures odften close to freezing poijt and an unusually high adiabatic lapse rate, altitude also makes much more difference than in many other countries. So although our hills and mountains aren't remotely high by European standards, snow-capped hills with no snow on the low ground is surprisingly common.
Having said that, maybe this will be the winter when we really do get prolonged deep snow right down in the lowland towns - it does still happen occasionally.

70 degrees here in my part of Florida :)
but also raining like mad :( so i can't ride my bike to the beach or else my chain will get rusty :( it sucks

I didn't realize bicycles were so sensitive to moisture. Maybe you should just go ahead and let the chain get wet and then blow-dry it when you get home. If you are rugged enough to be willing to ride in the rain, then your bicycle shouldn't be permitted to wimp out on you.

Why don't you get cheap teflon spray for the chain it will repel water and dirt.

It is -2 Centigrades outside and about +12Centigrades in my house. My hands are cold and i want someone whit a hot arse to fist.

bBCBcA6.png

Shocking temperatures of 25°C (77°F) were recorded in many parts of Bulgaria on Christmas day due to global warming.

The heatwave in mid-Winter will continue well into the new year according to forecasters.

Such heat is unprecedented and unheard of we've been setting new temperature records here both in summer and now in the witner months as well.

I'm all for global warming, and balmy winters. I hope Bulgaria's heat wave shows up in the northeast U.S. soon. It is 24 degrees F here right now, and I wish it were 77.

It's only 3F here in the Middle Atlantic States of the U.S. and I'm not at all happy about it, though I do see, in the extended forecast, that it should reach 40F (!!!) on January 09, and that will feel like the summer. I can hardly wait.

Deep inversion layer over Sofia, Bulgaria on Jan 8, 2018

Levels of particulate matter in Sofia today reached close to 1000 µg/m³ :pass out:

If everyone would just breathe deeply, those particles would be filtered out of the air in no time. Meatpie, would you consider wearing a mask when you go outside? Do you see people in Sofia wearing masks, the way they do in Asian cities?

Haven't seen anyone wearing a mask people here are ignorant about the true dangers of air pollution. Most people don't know what PM[SUB]10 [/SUB]PM[SUB]2.5 [/SUB]mean. Earth is facing a climate change that and environmental degradation that will lead to social upheaval affecting every country on Earth.

Brexit and the election of Donald Trump are direct consequences of two great nations trying to protect themselves from influx of migrants from nations who have undergone societal collapse. This processes will intensify as more and more parts of the world become unstable.

My country has invested millions of euros into building a border fence with Turkey.

Societal upheaval will include desperate fights over fresh water. I had to look at my world map, and I'm still confused about the wall. Are you saying Bulgaria is building a fence between itself and Turkey? Wouldn't the Turks just go into Greece and then from Greece into Bulgaria?

The Greeks built a fence as well so what remains of the European Union is sealed off.

Little Rock, AR
Sunday 11:00 AM
Cloudy

Rain tonight

62°F / 17°C

Last edited:
It is Friday, February 9th, 2018 in Sheboygan, wisconsin. It's sunny, but, cold. It's 18 degrees Farenheit, which is -8 degrees Celsius. There's snow on the ground and it's windy. I really miss fall. That's all for today's weather report. :hi bye:

Back to normal (greydark and drizzly, around 10C), after an incredible week or so.
Until last week, the Scottish all-time February record high temperature was 17.9C, the Welsh 18.6C , and the English/UK overall 19.7C (67.4F).
The Scottish record fell last Thursday (18.3 in Aberdeenshire). Wales broke its and the UK record on Monday (20.3C) - both of which lasted 24 hours before Wales hit 20.8C, and Kew Gardens in London managed 21.2C (70.2F) - and it was 19C in the Lake District, and in Northumberland only 10 miles from the Scottish border. Yesterday didn't quite break any of those records but it was still amazingly warm and sunny for what's still officially still winter.
I have to say my personal reaction has been 'bring it on', but actually i's scary - just look at those huge red temperature anomalies over much of the Arctic in the pic below.

https://www.euronews.com/2019/02/26...-to-warming-of-the-arctic-says-climate-expert

I'm aware of global warming and the gradual melting of the polar ice, but why in the world would it be so RED HOT north of the Bering Strait?

Back