Meatpie, this isn't weather-related, but you, being in Bulgaria, bring to mind a question. Are there many gypsies in your country? I think of Romania as home of the gypsies, but you are right next door. Gypsies have such a bad reputation (as thieves), but I don't know if it's deserved.

Lots of gypsies here yes but not as many as in Romania. Almost every town here has a small gypsy community. In recent years whole gypsy families have migrated to Germany, the UK and Spain and some have opened restaurants and set up their own business in these countries.

So, it would seem that the image of the gypsy as an incorrigible criminal is no longer accurate. How did they, as a group, acquire such a bad rap over the centuries? Gypsies, to this day, are known in some parts of the U.S. as brazen vagrants, who will rob homes in broad daylight. They are therefore shunned and feared. Do you happen to know any gypsies personally, Meatpie?

Town & Country Shopping Center
3500-3708 S University Ave Little Rock AR 72204

Current Conditions: 11:27 PM

Overcast 77°F / 25°C

Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbous

clear sky and -128.6 F (it's cold, but not too bad if you stay in the sun)

Pouring with rain here day and night, 10°C (50°F).

Rain here day and night with hurricane force wind gusting to 20 m/s

Here are some photos from Bansko today where the local river destroyed a wooden bridge.

Rain here day and night, cold and grey, only 4C - apparently it was wet snow at 6am today.

54° / 13°

Clear

• Moonrise: 2:08 PM
  • Moonset: 1:58 AM

• Sunrise: 6:38 AM
  • Sunset: 5:08 PM

CURRENTLY IN LITTLE ROCK, AR
Thursday 10:00 AM

34°F / 1°C
Feels like 26°F / -3°C

Cloudy

The Moon today is in a First Quarter phase

Last edited:
cold and cloudy, 22 degrees, i'll keep your toes warm big daddy barry!

Cold toes here as well, sunny during the day but nights are arctic -10°C (14 °F).

Be at least semi-glad you don't live in a 'snow belt' windward area off the Great Lakes! I'm in the one south of Lake Erie from Cleveland up to the famous Buffalo!
Now getting the very first blast of cold over the still-warm lake water, and it's DUMPING!...48 hrs ago, green grass...now there's almost 3 feet...and after a short
blue-sky break, it just started back up again, and VERY heavily!
Then next thursday is when this CURRENT big artic wave is set to hit us!...With the lake still barely below 40, this is going to be a very BAD winter this time!
I WANT OFF THIS PLANET BEFORE TRUMP SAYS 'I DO' !!!!!

Feettartar, your weather report makes me feel ill. Three feet of snow and still falling -- I hate winter!

QUPuMDb.png

Brutal Arctic outbreak across Central and Eastern Europe, temperatures in Bulgaria down to -20°C / -4 0°F at night which is rare.

It's cold in Pennsylvania, and I don't like it one bit...but it's not -4 at night (yet), so I shall count my blessings I'm not in Bulgaria. If I lived somewhere that's warm year-round, then I'd have to deal with floods or hurricanes. In other locales it would be earthquakes and wildfires. Is there anywhere on this planet that's perfect?

Back