Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Photo Deep inversion layer over Sofia, Bulgaria on Jan 8, 2018

Levels of particulate matter in Sofia today reached close to 1000 g/m

m/ ^_^ m/ "The goal of all life is death" - Sigmund Freud

Mortua sed non sepulta! alexonedeath's Avatar
    If everyone would just breathe deeply, those particles would be filtered out of the air in no time. Meatpie, would you consider wearing a mask when you go outside? Do you see people in Sofia wearing masks, the way they do in Asian cities?
    "I'll hit you so hard your ancestors will die."
    .....Harlan Ellison

Haven't seen anyone wearing a mask people here are ignorant about the true dangers of air pollution. Most people don't know what PM10 PM2.5 mean. Earth is facing a climate change that and environmental degradation that will lead to social upheaval affecting every country on Earth.

Brexit and the election of Donald Trump are direct consequences of two great nations trying to protect themselves from influx of migrants from nations who have undergone societal collapse. This processes will intensify as more and more parts of the world become unstable.

My country has invested millions of euros into building a border fence with Turkey.

Societal upheaval will include desperate fights over fresh water. I had to look at my world map, and I'm still confused about the wall. Are you saying Bulgaria is building a fence between itself and Turkey? Wouldn't the Turks just go into Greece and then from Greece into Bulgaria?
    .....Harlan Ellison

The Greeks built a fence as well so what remains of the European Union is sealed off.

Little Rock, AR
    Sunday 11:00 AM
    Cloudy

Rain tonight

62F / 17C
    Last edited by barryds; 21-01-18 at 05:39 PM.

It is Friday, February 9th, 2018 in Sheboygan, wisconsin. It's sunny, but, cold. It's 18 degrees Farenheit, which is -8 degrees Celsius. There's snow on the ground and it's windy. I really miss fall. That's all for today's weather report.
    22. Mama. Forensic pathology. Wisconsin to Idaho. True crime, all the time.

Back to normal (greydark and drizzly, around 10C), after an incredible week or so.
    Until last week, the Scottish all-time February record high temperature was 17.9C, the Welsh 18.6C , and the English/UK overall 19.7C (67.4F).
    The Scottish record fell last Thursday (18.3 in Aberdeenshire). Wales broke its and the UK record on Monday (20.3C) - both of which lasted 24 hours before Wales hit 20.8C, and Kew Gardens in London managed 21.2C (70.2F) - and it was 19C in the Lake District, and in Northumberland only 10 miles from the Scottish border. Yesterday didn't quite break any of those records but it was still amazingly warm and sunny for what's still officially still winter.
    I have to say my personal reaction has been 'bring it on', but actually i's scary - just look at those huge red temperature anomalies over much of the Arctic in the pic below.

https://www.euronews.com/2019/02/26/...climate-expert
    If you're kissing Death make sure you've got a blue protruding tongue.

"John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
    On half a pint of shandy got particularly ill."

I'm aware of global warming and the gradual melting of the polar ice, but why in the world would it be so RED HOT north of the Bering Strait?
    .....Harlan Ellison

Forum Lurker
    rain and shine. rains every 8~9 days

Sun and 12C.

Warm and sunny, low 20s C - no complaints at all!

And blessed peace and quiet on the Brexit front, since Chief Nurse Theresa sent all the Asylum staff home to calm down since they were much madder than the patients. On a quiet night you can just hear the Monster Raving Loony Brexit werewolves howling at the Moon - it was the Pink Moon on Thursday so that will have driven them apoplectic so with a bit of luck there will be fewer of them when the home leave is over tomorrow. If I can't get to sleep I try to distinguish the howls:
    Jacob Rees-Mogg (the MP for the 18th Century) has a howl like the creak of an antique and slightly distressed staircase in a stately home - specifically the tread which the family and its equally stately and distressed retainers know to avoid, since it is designed to precipitate the unwary guest into a pit of vipers beneath the mansion;
    Boris Johnson (the MP for Boris Johnson) howls complete piffle (which is actually his middle name!);
    Christopher Chope (the MP for Up Skirting, formerly known as Christchurch) has a howl like an upper-class yahoo who has just been told that date-rape is now a crime rather than an accomplishment.
    It was the Queen's 93rd birthday yesterday, so of course they fired a 42-gun salute today (don't ask - this is the Asylum after all!). I assume John Bercow (the Speaker of the House of Commons) gave her an extra-special prezzie, since he will be petitioning her for the unprecedented secondment of WaspSwatter Royal to the Houses of Parliament to deal with Andrea Loathsome who is nesting under the Government front bench and keeps trying to sting him. As for the rest of the raving bunch of werewolves and undead, if they get beyond all bearing he can deal with them himself by the traditional Speaker's ultimate sanction - to have them dragged to the dispatch box (so that's how it got its name) and impaled on Black Rod.
    Oh, and Theresa May is on a walking holiday in Wales so everyone is wondering what seriously bad idea she will come back with this time (last time it was a general election to wipe out the Labour Party, which succeeded in wiping out her own majority and making Corbyn look electable). But we are assured by a senior Cabinet minister (unnamed) that there is very little risk, as it's years since she came up any idea at all.

But the Moon is rising, and I must go ...
    If you're kissing Death make sure you've got a blue protruding tongue.

"John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
    On half a pint of shandy got particularly ill."

Thread Information