Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
_54780030_usa_virginia_earthquake_0811_304.gif

A magnitude 5.9 earthquake has struck the east coast of the United States.

The quake was felt in Washington, where the Pentagon and US Capitol Building were evacuated, as well as in New York where skyscrapers swayed for several seconds.

Unfortunately we don't have any further details, if you are in the area please update us.

UPDATE 1:

JFK airport shuts down. Newark airport also closed.

jfk-airport-terminal-4.jpg

UPDATE 2:

empire-state-building.jpg

NYC tv channels show panicked people ontop of the Empire State building, most thought the skyscraper was struck by a plane similar to the 9/11 attacks.

More soon.

empire-state-building.jpg

NYC tv channels show panicked people ontop of the Empire State building, most thought the skyscraper was struck by a plane similar to the 9/11 attacks.

More soon.
I'm in New York....Fuck! My building was shaking, didn't know what was going on

Thanks for your reply, I am glad you are OK. :calmn down:

We have lots of members from NYC.

Please post live updates to this thread. The internet is abuzz with reports about the earthquake, lots of scared people.

24quake_cnd-articleLarge.jpg

Scared residents in Washington

UPDATE 3:

New-York-City.jpg

New Yorkers tell AFP skyscrapers "shook like mad" in New York City. :escape:

Disappoint that i am not dead??? haha :D

Not disappoint, I hope no one died in that earthquake.

A large earthquake striking the US East Coast during the worst depression ever will be pandemonium on Earth, the whole wolrd will suffer.

was felt here in milwaukee as well,
could hear the crystal in the kitchen
banging together.

They say that the Washington Monument is closed indefinitely to repair cracks at the top.

i felt it really wasn't that strong, i m about 400 miles from VA where it struck.. a little shaking....was neat! ;)

Back