wildguy

Forum Regular
I'm not afraid of dying,,,, i look forward to the peace of eternal nothingness... no worries, no pain, just eternal peaceful sleep. Death is welcome by me !

How old are you?

Welcome or not, our deaths are fast approaching.

You said no pain.... easier said than done. :aha:

Just try to hang yourself and you will realize that our bodies are made to survive and delay death for as long as possible, even starved of oxygen you can remain conscious for up to two minutes.

That instinct to survive is in our genes and it's possibly the strong most powerful overhwelming feeling a person can ever experience.

Drowning is also particularly nasy, some quickly pass out but others will remain conscious submerged and unable to breathe. I think that's horrbile, it's just pure torture.

Fire victims are also traumatized for life.

I watched a BBC documentary called "The Secret Life of Pain" - I highly recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D6uUuoWKIc

They showed a young hot fit guy who was in a motorcycle accident, his whole body was badly burnt, from head to toe yet he somehow survived.

He nearly lost his mind from the pain and cried every time he had to move his foot or arm.

I am scared of the dying process and I hate the way our memory, our experience is deleted, so no I don't welcome my death but I am prepared for it every day, I just hope it's nothing too horrific.

We all hope for painless deaths, eh?

Imagine what it was like for those young dudes who had to jump from the World Trade Centre, I bet that all of them if they had to choose would not welcome such deaths.

Death remains one of the biggest mysteries in this world, it's always hot topic to debate, it's everywhere, it's in our future yet we know next to nothing about it.

When you die is your memory permanently erased from the universe?

Or does the universe save everything, every bit of information and we are just holograms?

Even the smartest scientists don't know the answer.

The thing that bothers me the most about my death is that other people think they have the right to tell me when and how. Death can be a peaceful relief from various sufferings such as being horrendously injured. It could be as simple and humane as going to sleep and never waking up. The technology is already available to do it, cheaply. But, the law where I live says I have to die slowly and painfully. I hope people become a lot more enlightened before such a time when I might be in need.

Perhaps knowledge is universal and intelligence is how we learn to access it. Individual consciousness just means that we are each wired differently and access it differently. But, it's still the same knowledge.

Back