Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
2575150L.jpg

Suicide boy from Sweden got me thinking really hard yesterday and today about whether death is a moment in time or a process.

I did a research on the internet and watched a documentary about cell death.

Expirements show that when you starve cells from oxygen they don't die instantly, something that most people think happens.

Cells can survive for hours with no blood and no oxygen and there are cases of people immersed in cold water that were later saved although their heart stopped beating for an hour.

Problem is when blood flow is restored mitochondria inside the cellls suddenly start to die, they in a way commit cell suicide.

Marcus lost consciousness and from his point of view this was the end however his cells died hours later.

So what is death - a moment in time when you lose consciousness or when full cell death is achieved?

Once your brain cells are destroyed there is no turning back - memory and knowledge are permanently lost.

For those interested in the topic I recommend the BBC Documentary "Back from the Dead", show in the UK in 2010 but also available for download online.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00v2kby

cddbf31f8491f873abbcc2bcab19fe2c99614a7a.jpg

from BBC HORIZON: Back from the Dead (2010)

I death is like religion. The word evokes different feelings and responses from different people. Some who are religious see death as being when the soul leaves the body. But, one group may say its when a person loses consciousness and identity. Brain death is a good example. A machine can keep a body alive for awhile, but the person would have already moved on. Other religions believe that the body must be completely desecrated before the soul is released. They burn the dead to speed the release of the soul.

Those who have a more scientific perspective see death as process that can be broken down into smaller and smaller processes. The body may cease to function as a unit. But, it doesn't mean all of the cells have stopped functioning and even cell death doesn't always mean the DNA isn't still viable.

In a few decades, death may have to be reinterpreted. Science will eventually be able to scan your living brain and copy every cell function. Then. computer will be able to simulate the functions so that it would think just like you do. It will have consciousness and feelings. It could actually be sentient. But, if your data is lost, is it death? If a computer simulates you while you are still alive, which one is you? Is it the organic functions that make you alive or is the ability think like you and to be conscious and self aware?

Hello Members!
I'm new to this forum past few months. I guessed those users who are not well knowledge and satisfaction about it which is mention above. Please visit our Analytical Report of your topic which is mention below at this post.....

Click below and gain experience of our Analysis!

Thank you

I have added your question in my inbox for solving your problem. i make try to make best for your satisfaction. Thank you

Links in signitures are not allowed.

Back