Unemployment

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Just got back home for a few months break from the military. Things seem to have improved but not to the level where it was during the boom times, progress at least.

In our area we do not see the economy improving at all. Foreclosures are up, and we are having a factory close early in 2011 which will put 275 people out of work. There are jobs, but they pay the minimum rate which is $8.25 in Illinois. Even with living at home and going to college, I not only work at the funeral home, but am a lifeguard at the Y, its still tough paying for college partially, gas for the car, insurance, so I can imagine how it is for people with large families that lose their jobs.

Recovery is sluggish in Europe too, it will take years to seal real improvement in living standards and unemployment is likely to remain relatively high in 2011.

Horrible, I just hope that prices don't shoot up as some predict for 2011.

We pay high electricity bills here even though we have our own nuclear power plant there is an increase in the price of electricity every few months, I don't know why that is.

Back