Make your predictions for 2009

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
World-wide economic meltdown, natural disasters, stem cells research or the large hadron collider - whatevers on your mind post away in this thread, make your predictions for 2009!

Hope we live until 2010 so that we can laugh at our posts. :sm (8):

--------------------------------------------------------

Some things are more certain than other though.

I am sure the global recession will become even deeper in 2009, with many countries facing riots, poorer nations will be hardest hit.

Definately natural disasters, more earthquakes, more wildfires, possibility even a large tsunami. Cities at risk of a massive earthquakes as you know - Tokyo and LA, geological time bombs.

WAR and terrorism have become an integral part of our lives, more of this in 2009 of course.

-----------------

Basically nothing new under the Sun as they say, hope science makes breakthroughs and they finally find a cure for cancer, AIDS etc.

People will live longer but more stressful lives.

Its also possible that a supernova may explode and outshine the moon for several days.

That would be cool to see. Hope no one I love and care for croaks in 2009, including forum members.

Which star are you talking about, Meat? Very interesting! (note- supernova are already exploded.)

Could be Betelgeuze....

The big red star at the top left in the constellation of Orion

(note- supernova are already exploded.)

Supernova designates the process but you are right that by the time we see them they will have already blasted themselves apart. There are several dying stars relatively nearby that scientist say will go supernova,
Betelgeuse is one of them but my favourite is Eta Carinae.

Other candidates are:
Rho Cassiopeiae, Eta Carinae, RS Ophiuchi, the Kitt Peak Downes star KPD1930+2752,HD 179821, IRC+10420, VY Canis Majoris, Betelgeuse, Antares, and Spica.

As predicted the recession deepened and there were riots in Eastern Europe.

The most devastating wildfires in the history of Australia have occured in early 2009.

Now a global flu pandemic is coming, I failed to predict that.

LoL

:sm (40):

A YEAR LATER...

Amazingly my predictions have turned out to be true...

The global economic crisis deepened terribly, small countries took the full brunt of the depression.

World hunger has reached unprecedented levels, with more than one billion people starving while people in America overeat and are obese.

20,000 children die every day in Africa from hunger.

world-hunger.jpg

WAR

afghan-war.gif

Hundreds of soldiers died in the ongoing war in Afghanistan.

More than 1,000 dead Brits alone.

2009 disasters

Worse floods in 100 years hit the UK, dozens died in floods in Turkey.

Earthquakes hit many countries, some of the strongest ones in Sumatra, Indonesia.

Ambacang_hotel.jpg

The april earthquake in Italy was also very deadly although not as strong as the ones in Sumatra.

Emergenza_Terremoto_Abruzzo_2009_-_12.jpg

800px-L%27Aquila_eathquake_prefettura.jpg

Back