Computer Dust

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
My PC started to overheat and make funny noises, so today I finally opened it up and found layer of dust several centimetres thick.

:pass out:

I hadn't cleaned it for more than year because the case is new and sealed with only a few tiny holes for ventilation.

Yet, tiny particles still managed to get in and collect on the fans and on the other parts, I cleaned it thoroughly today, works like a charm now, no funny noises and good cooling.

How often do you clean your PC?

Some say it's best to do dust your PC every two to three months.

:retard:

I do it every 2 months, the air spray does not cut it outside the fan window, I have to take the pc apart, which on my Dell is pretty easy, then use the spray inside. I have 2 fans so from the outside I can not get to them both. By the way, ever notice how much wasted space is inside the pc? They got everything packed in one area, then got this large area with nothing.

That open area is for plugins you might want to add, like an additional fan, more drives etc.

On my last PC I added two more drives, had a floppy and CD it was pretty crammed.

What colour is the box of your PC, mine is black.

I would love to have a different colour but for reasons unkown to me all the PCs they sell here come in black boxes, horrible.

I asked the shop-assistant if they have other types of boxes and her lame reply was "Do you care more for the outside look or for what's inside".

How smart, yeah.

PCs will still gather dust no matter what you do to prevent it.

I am happy with my job today, stopped making that annoying noise and doesn't overheat so easily.

if you have bad dandruff, then your PC will be more dusty than usual....just sayin

True. Thank God I don't have powder on my head but my sister's boyfriend has and he is disgustng.

My PC is as smooth as new. I asked my dad, "Dad, how often do you think I should dust my PC" ?

He was reading the newspaper.

"Fuck off," he said. "Don't bother me with this shit, I can't help you".

Yup, we are such a sweet family. :hahahahha:

I usually clean the insides of my pc every two months and it's dirty. Perhaps because I live in a windy area with many dry green areas. Oh! and I dont have dandruff he, he :hahahahha:

I clean mine about every three months. If you do not want to break the seal on the case, try using compressed or canned air to loosen the dust while vacuuming. Much of the dust is attracted by the build up of electrical charges in the machine. It is important to keep the machine clean to allow for proper heat dissipation. If you keep your CPU in a clean area away from papers and such it can help. Another option is to operate an air cleaner in the room. But, don't put an ionizing type air cleaner near your machine. They generate static charges.

Back