Death rate by country

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
800px-Death_rate_world_map_CIA_2009.PNG

Discuss global death rates, death rate in your country and tell us why do you think some countries have higher death rates than others.

My country has one of the highest death rates in the world.

Our healthcare system is very poor, people don't exercise and by age 70 most people became disabled,

We have high number of cancer cases because of the Chernobyl disaster, highest infant mortality in Europe, strokes and heart attacks.

Lots of violent deaths and car wrecks.

Detailed List:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories_by_death_rate

Same here, most people die of heart disease, strokes, car accidents or crime related injuries.

But not that much.

What I find funny is that Mexico has 0-4, is that right? When was this map made?

That's correct, the data is from last year. The Netherlands is in the middle, I expected lower death rate because you have good healthcare and living standards.

One reason for this is that AIDS is pandemic in Africa, killing millions every year. In some countries like Swaziland it is so bad expert thing it is now posing an existential threat to its society/ If Africa wasn't affected by AIDS, Bulgaria will be top of the list Brazil will also be higher.

Back