Welcome to France

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Horrific video from Paris shows police forcibly removing squatters, dragging women and children.

This is the most watched vid on CNN today.

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2010/07/30/france.immigration.video.cnn

:facepalm:

France is in a huge row with other EU countries, esp Bulgaria and Romania after the French government announced they were planning to destroy all gypsy ghettos in France and send the immigrants to their homes countries.

Italy, Spain, Germany have all bulldozed entire gypsy villages and sent thousands of people to their home countries.

European Union law says all citizens have equal rights - to move and work, live and settle in a country of their choice.

As you can see in this video this basic human right means nothing to the French.

The French government's decision to return gypsies to Bulgaria is absolutely the top news here for days, blasting on radio, TV and news websites 24/7.

In Bulgaria gypsies are 100% unemployed, no education and living on state benefits.

They are terribly segregated against and live in squalor and in ghettos outside towns and cities.

In Sofia, entire neighbourhoods have been bulldozed.

Racial violence in Bulgaria has resulted in deaths and I have posted on this problem in Europe extensively.

So you may have a large nigger population in the US but Europe also has its share of racial problems.

I also recommend this article form the Guardian newspaper published today on racism in Europe.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/30/european-union-roma-human-rights

Roma-woman-and-children-006.jpg

Please discuss.

I live in France. it is right that racism exists here. A xenophobic party, the " front national ", is very strong. so, the French president makes a policy to attract racist voters ! I don t know where my country goes !

VERY BAD SITUATION

What your president and government are doing is despicable. I understand you have a problem with immigrants but there are other more gentle ways to deal with them why do the police have to use brute force against women and children, it was terrible and now the whole world has seen it.

:unreal:

so I don t have problem with immigrants. it is true that some steal like some frenches ! and it is a bad way to punish all a community ! you are right ! and I am afraid that this politics against immigrants continues a long time ! ( sorry for my english )

Do you have a lot of Muslims in your area?

yeah, my friend ! I have a lot of muslims ! I live in a great town of the west France ( Brittany ) And I live in the main street of my town ! I meet some muslims without trouble. you see : some muslims make troubles but some Frenches too, and some christians, some jews.... we don' t make trouble against community because of somebody of these communities don't respect laws

You shouldn't have allowed Muslims to move to France in the first place, now it's too late. You had riots in Paris a few years ago now this, I don't see how this is gonna be resolved.

We don't have a single muslim where I live but we have a ghetto of 10,000 gypsies.

:th_smiley_eh:

wow...i guess this is what my ancestors probably went through many years ago...

the first immigration of muslims was begining when Algerie was a part of France. Now, the majority of muslims living in my country are frenches. Some are illegals. But however the solution about the illegal immigration, the police have to respect people. I am sad to see what happen in my country.

Why don't French people react to this situation, why do you leave your present government to ruin the image of France?

France is known around the world for its democracy and good-natured people but these videos on CNN and youtube are seen by millions of people who I am sure like me feel angry and betrayed.

I have close family friends in Paris and they told my parents the situation in France is very bad with unemployment and crime.

my friend Meatpie, I don't know why French people react ! the majority of the voters in France vote for him ! I think it is because of an extreme grown of racism in my country. and some of ours react against this politics but it is not easy actually ! Your friends in Paris are right ! the situation is worst day after day !

I would say " I don't know why French people did'nt react " of course ! sorry ! My english isn't perfect !!!!!

When Hitler invaded Germany the French didn't stay united, otherwise they would have crushed the Germans.

Look at the Brits - they stand together and if something like this happens in London people will set up a protest and UK newspapers will do everything possible to take the government down.

There is something passive about French people, don't you think?

I hope this doesn't happen again, this is a huge disgrace for any democratic country.

Are you worried about France's future?

Do you think Europe may one day became Eurabia?

Here is my view:

Europe is trying to stand united and hold the European Union.

But there are powerful internal forces that push it apart - there are so many nations each with their own agenda.

Eastern Europe is the ghetto of Europe, I live in the ghetto.

But when I look at France or the UK - I don't like the situation there too, so many muslims they are everywhere.

The problem with the French is -according to many Dutch people, myself included- that they are arrogant and they view themselves as superior people sinds they are the largest nation (in their view) in Europe.

They always try to get the best, and they want to be the best, in EVERYTHING.

We will see how this plays out. If they start deporting immigrants on the basis of that new law they introduced it would be a huge shame for the whole of Europe.

What is truly sad is that Italy too has such a policy and Germany is preparing new anti-immigration laws too.

" French is arrogant ! " this sentence is stupid ! sorry Entilzha Perhaps some Frenches are arrogant but not all. people of different countries can be arrogant and destroying. Not only French ! another country of Europe was arrogant too !! sorry for this reaction but if I reply to Meatpie about an interisting post about my country, about his immigrant politics, I don't want argue with somebody who insult my country and my compatriots, Entilzha. I love my country and it is the reason I don't like that it is happen now. I hope, Entilzha, you understand ! (sorry for my english !)

Back