Hail the size of tennis balls and powerful storms destroy everything in our garden

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Oh guys....

I went out shopping today with my family, sister granny, the weather was hot in Sofia and no sign of a thunderstorm. We were laughing and having fun..

We then travelled by car 100 km to granny's house - we have a beautiful front garden with flowers some of which I planted myself and took care of - watered them and trimmed them.

In the back yard we have tomatoes and cucumbers.

As we approached our house we saw that the streets were covered in leaves and the neigbhours were in shock.

Hail, like large pieces of glass, some as big as tennis balls chopped everything - every flower, everything standing is chopped.

Some windows were broken, likely not in our home. People screamed to each other to take cover, otherwise someone might have been hurt.

Powerful thunderstorms with intense lightning, constant rain - day and night is lashing us.

It all came out of nowhere, as I said it was hot and sunny and we head on the radio about possible hail but I didn't buy it.

:sm (20):

2010 is an absolutely bad year so far, and it's barely halfway through.

I am sorry I haven't posted much lately, I was busy clearing all the destruction that was left behind.

lightning_on_water.jpg

:sm (22): :sm (22): :sm (22):

:sm (41): :sm (41): :sm (41):

I'm sorry to hear about your weather. We have something like that happen every few years. It makes a mess and destroys crops. Usually, the trees and flowers will recover. The dings in my truck from the hail, not so much. But, I have read that dimpling is suppose to reduce air friction which is why golf balls have them. So, in theory, my truck should be getting better fuel mileage.:)

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies. The whole nation has been put on a flood alert.

Back