What would be your view of a happy way to live?

Whybother

Esta la Tierra Linda...
The forum has a thread that says, "What would be your favorutie or wanting way to DIE?" I don't know what favorutie suppose to means. Pavarotti or something?

http://www.cutedeadguys.net/showthread.php?t=3536

So I came up with this post,

There ought to be a thread for the opposite of this thread to balance it out, asking members what in their view is a happy way to live. Corny and stupid to some, and some may actually like living in misery so their deaths seemed perfect in their eyes. I don't know. Might be interesting to see if it mirrors with the whole 'necro' thing. What should it be called? "What would be your view of a happy way to live? Or maybe it's a bad idea because it is like a reminder how pathetic life is, to some. Is there a thread for such a discussion yet? Or why bother, Whybother?

Then verlup1 says,

You can start one.

So... Do people here have any idea what they classify as a happy life whether it is within their idea of rationality or otherwise. If it involves "you know whats", we will not judge you, though some would, but try not to take it to heart. You can also say what you think should be seen as a happy life, even if it goes against your actual character. The purpose of this thread is to know what the members think about the idea of happiness and ideal happiness, not debate about hypocrisy. So go on cousins, you know you want to. Try to be civil brothers and sisters.

A happy life for is living without restricition, free to voice your opinion and being with the ones you love.

The ones that you can fall back on if you need them, your beloved ones who come to your support if you ask them or if you need them.

To be with the one you love and spend your life together in happiness.

And good food, drinks and a nice hobbie to go!!

I couldn't agree more. Taking up a hobby is really exciting, it leaves you with a sense of satisfaction that you have made the world a litte bit more beautiful.

I planted a baby pine tree last year.

Now it has new branches, long as fingers!

In one year. It makes me happy to see it grow and develop, it will probably live for more than 500 years while I will be dry bones.

:sm (30):

About 30 years ago, my dad planted a baby pine tree. He hated gardening, but watered that pine tree all the time. In April of 82, my dad died. The pine tree continued to grow and thrive until 2004. We had to cut it down, because of the hurricanes Florida suffered that year. I still miss it. Thanks for bringing back memories with your story of the baby pine tree, Meat. May it continue to grow and prosper for you.

I actually planted ten, only two survived, one has new branches.

8 trees were mangled by gypsies.

Why did you cut your tree, I don't understand.

Was it damaged?

I think he cut it down before it got blown down and damage the house :(

SAD :sm (41): Trees are the lungs of this suffocating planet.

A happy life for is living without restricition, free to voice your opinion and being with the ones you love.

The ones that you can fall back on if you need them, your beloved ones who come to your support if you ask them or if you need them.

To be with the one you love and spend your life together in happiness.

Enty is spot on. I'd add:
Caring and being cared about
Interesting and stimulating job and/or hobbies

You guys are so cool! Why do you all have to be gay! You guys sounds like a bunch of guys that I want my sisters to be married to, given you guys are straights. No wonder Kitanaprincess is so depressed. She's surrounded by intelligent, dreamy guys yet not one of them is straight. Hey, you guys can't help with your inclinations. So people that feels disappointed about the reality can't cry over spilt milk. But we'll cry anyway. Mwueek!!!! Mwueek!!!!

Actually, no. You guys might hurt my sisters. You guys sort of give me the creeps. I don't know if I can trust you guys with such responsibility. No offence.

And I agree with Enty & deaddirty too - I am fortunate. I enjoy having the companionship of good friends who care for one another. I enjoy sharing in activities with friends which include travel, photography and enjoying beautiful countryside.

I have had a difficult time with money, since the recession hit my work quite hard - but i have come to see that the key things to happiness don't center around money! And interestingly, all the guys who rallied round to help and support were ALL GAY! Not one straight guy!!

So all in all, having thought about it - I think I do already live a happy life - not trouble free but happy!

Interesting thread!

jon :)

My idea of a happy life is I got people around that can make me laugh, comfort me when I'm feeling sad and I got to do their laundry, cook for them, do the housework, so I'll probably have to work in an old people's home or an orphanage, or I submit myself in with the crazies because I got nowhere else to go when my parents die and my sisters get married. Maybe help babysit my nieces and nephews maybe. I can be cruel and sabotage all my sisters' attempts to find suitors so they wouldn't leave me but that's selfish. What's the point if I'm the only one happy and the people I care about are miserable. I can't get married because I have "mummy issues", so all I can do is stare at other people's happiness and having a relationship with a guy is not really an option because they'll probably want sex which I think most gay guys wants. You all know what I feel about sexual acts. Maybe I'll be OK if the guy sleeps around with other people but I hope he'll come home safe, not drunk or stoned with drugs, or worst come home with a disease from a one night stand. I wish I could be a Teletubbie so life could be simpler but then that would be ridiculous because that will never happen! And I hate Teletubbies! Oh, how I want to curse. I'm pathetic. By the way, did anyone heard anything from Arrowman? I'm worried about him.

Hi Whybother, sounds like you spend too much time trying to please others, so you have a few issues, we all do, don't waste you life decide what YOU want and go for it. we only get one short spin on this planet, so go for what you want, yes it's risky but better to try to be fulfilled than never try at all. You say you dont want sex , so what does work for you?

Money and health. Having these...I can manage:)

Hi Whybother, sounds like you spend too much time trying to please others, so you have a few issues, we all do, don't waste you life decide what YOU want and go for it. we only get one short spin on this planet, so go for what you want, yes it's risky but better to try to be fulfilled than never try at all. You say you dont want sex , so what does work for you?

I don't want to carry on being irrationally cynical and make others the same and ruin their lives. If everyone researched their family history, they'll see the trail of deceit. Just makes me wonder if Satan exists. I'm all right now. I'm not worried about the future anymore. Glad you didn't kicked the bucket yet, Darkside. We'll need you to chop up them evil monsters when they emerge.

Back