This is how you get rich in America...

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
A man was killed in NYC today in a stampede of frenzied shoppers - its Black Friday.

I was curious why all the rush and checked the internet for more info.

Let's take Macy's.

453813_fpx.tif

This simple pullover, which is not even wool is sold at Macy's for $210.

That is absolutely insane. They import them from China.

The same ones are in shops here and they cost 5 euros, thats exactly $6 (as of Nov 29 currency rates).

I know you won't believe me but come to Sofia and we will go shopping.

And I don't wear such pullovers, I go for the expensive ones around 30 to 40 euros.

:sm (43):
How is this possible?

And its not only this. A friend of mine bought a house in Charlotte for $500,000.

They have trouble paying their loan now. Its wooden and why it costs so much?

I don't know what to call this, a bubble maybe?

It now burst but its really sad that they offer you discounts now Christmas is coming but prices are unreasonably high in my opinion.

Can someone explain this situation to me? PLEASE???

Or maybe everyone want to get rich fast in America?

Maybe thats why the financial crisis started from there?

I am utterly confused, pardon my ignorence.

WalMart

0072950780347_150X150.jpg

This is a monitor from WalMart.

Samsung 22" LCD Monitor $309.88

22" Active Matrix TFT LCD screen
0.282mm pixel pitch
Contrast Ratio of 1000:1
300 Nit brightness

This is 150 euros here or $190.

I guess if I lived in America I would shop from WalMart although prices are a bit high there for European standarts too.

Is Macy's an expensive shop? And walmart are the cheepest right?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Macy's is somewhat upscale. I'd say at the upper end of the middle bracket. Wal-mart is usually among the cheapest.

Don't forget the dollar has been down against most currencies, making imports more expensive.

Who knows what happened in that shopping stampede? I can't imagine why people get up at 4:00 am and line up for these things anyway. If the "early-bird" sales are even real (and I have my doubts), you can almost certainly get as good a price just by waiting for the after-Christmas sales.

BTW, if there's any way to get rich off all this, nobody ever showed it to me!

Thanks, I didn't know about Macy's.

Thats how big comapnies get rich in America - by pinching from ordinary people - high prices for everything! Freedom, conusmerism, capitalism!

Most of these things are made in China by poor workers and sold in the US at much higher prices.

They do it here too but at least in resonable amounts while in the US have gone out of control.

I could never undertsand what happened with your housing market...

I guess I should read more.

The housing thing was a bubble that burst. I read about it years ago. People bought properties they couldn't afford because the values were going up so fast. Lots would buy, renovate then sell or try to sell for big profits. Must've worked for a while, but now lots of people are stuck with these properties they can't sell for more than they bought and they're stuck. It must be a tough situation.

What about prices in shops, Macy's for example?

Or Walmart where they say cheap but they actually rip you off?

With Macy's you are paying extra for the name Macy's! I HATE Walmart...they have been ripping off the working poor for years. Walmart is a monopoly which is supposed to be illegal in the USA. A lot of what's wrong with the American economy is due to changes to our government through George Bush's poor legislation. The entire situation is disgusting to the average American. We are hoping Barrack Obama will be able to clean up this mess! Meanwhile the rich get richer and the poor are at their mercy!:sm (54):

I went to the Walmart where that guy died. It's in the Long Island/Queens border in a mostly black neighborhood. you were right about that part Meatpie. I bought a new coat for 29$, I like it. I have to say I kind of like Walmart, it's a sort of novelty for me being from the city. They are only in the suburbs. I don't like spending too much on stuff so I never go to Macy's other than for just looking around. I like thrift stores a lot where I can find unique items.

are you sure, its the same pullover, maybe wenn its form the designer collektion,, it may look the same , but they have to pay for adds, models, and the designer too you know....

my most expensive jacket is from boss orange label.., but it doesnt last long to, coz i always wear a bag on my shoulder.. kinda pity ....

but now i like energie more, it just suits me more and a good design..;D

Back