Massive Unemployment hits Latvia

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
_47239759_emptyshop_2.jpg

Photo BBC: Every other shopt in the capital Riga is empty.

Unemployment in Latvia and Lithuania is sky hight, in Lativa some say as high as 30% thought the official figure stands at 23%.

The BBC has published an article today on the economic situation in the country.

Read it here and Discuss.

Spain is also in deep recession and the UK is out of recession but only with a meager 0.1% growth in January.

Analysts fear the country can slip back into recession in the comming months.

:(

In my country whole famlies are unemployment.

A neighbour who worked as a teacher lost her job last week, I talked with her mother today.

Even doctors are losing their jobs as hospitals close down due to lack of government funding.

Thats very sad, Its that way where I live, car dealerships that have been in business for as long as I can remember are now gone. My husband is lucky if he gets to work once a week. So Many families are losing their homes, and have no where to go. I blamed it on our fucked up president Bush, but I guess it is world wide.

Thats very sad, Its that way where I live

I doubt it is that bad.

I forgot to add that Latvia has one of the highest suicides rates in the world, please check this statistics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

I blamed it on our fucked up president Bush, but I guess it is world wide.

The causes of the Great Depression are complex, I wouldn't put it to one nation or one president only.

Europe has been very hard hit too, the euro is weak. :(

too bad plenty of young people that will do anything for .. some money world wide depression.Where i am at its kicking almost working last 2 weeks from sun up to some down making thousands of dollars. tired no time to go to bank and cash cheques

Back