Homelessness

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
I uploaded a video on youtube today showing a young couple who became homeless after losing their jobs.

They have a baby and live on the steets in blizzard conditions, it is -10'C here.
The video was taken today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRTL6YTE1o

OMG, That is so sad!!

You speak English very well, I would never have guessed you have a hard time, by listening to that video.

I hope that baby can breath in there, that would freak me out. claustrophobia

What do you mean having hard time, just a few minutes ago you said the situation in your area is not all roses too...

The whole world is like that, but what particularly struck me about this couple is that they were late with their rent for three days and they threw them out in the snow with their baby.....Silvia said it - "no one cares" and that is the saddest part, that is what kills me.

No one cares if children are dying because of someone's greed, all that people want is money and more money....

That is while the global economy has collapsed, it became unstable as everyone wanted easy money quickly and lived on loans and inflated property prices etc...you know the story.

No, hard time speaking English.

Sorry I reread what I wrote, didnt make that clear.

Last edited:
I would bring them in to my house in a minute, I cant believe a church would turn them away.
I hope they are ok.

I have no idea what happened to them.

Are there many homeless people like that in your area?

Yes, but I dont know of any with kids. The churches around here would never turn a family with a child away. They paid for our heat bill before, the whole $ 500 dollars, then came to our house, with food, and a gift certificate to a grocery store. That was 10 years ago when we were not doing so good.

If we had not paid off our house, we would be in that same situation now. House payment was $900.00, we are the lucky ones.

We live in a wooded area, they make camps behing our house. I cant see them, but I can smell the campfire they make.

I have given them a huge bag of canned food before, and some money, not alot but like 5 dollars

Great that people still help each other in the US, nothing like it here its absolutely brutal.

I gave a begger some scrap metal today from the attic. He was so thin he said he hadn't eaten anything in days.

Jesus jayde.

He said "My family are dying of starvation, please give me so scrap metal".

They weighed the parts, it was 50 kilos and they gave the man $5!!!

Prices of scrap metal have dropped so bad poor man could only buy some bread.

That breaks my heart! I wish I could do some kind of missionary work.

My husband was very poor while growing up. I think that's why we have so much food. And people over there have not eaten in days?

I know I cant fix the whole world, but I wish people would be more compassionate. How could they turn away a baby in the snow?

This one lady on a street corner had a sign asking for a tent, she was so thin, and all she wanted was a tent. She is the one I gave $5 to, my daughter gave her $2, she started crying, saying god bless you. I have not seen her this year, I hope she is ok. I think about her when I drive by that intersection.

Back