US Government makes public it's deficit

Entilzha

Confederate Soldier
The US government made it's deficit known today:

It has risen to 1,56 TRILLION US DOLLARS!!

1.560.000.000.000 DOLLARS!!

That is a whooping load of cash!

Now they are going to cut into many government projects, 120 in total...

They predict that in three years it will be halved...

This does not bode well for Obama's plans and ideas!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35178623/ns/politics-white_house/

Last edited:
That is an insane amount of money, I can't even imagine how much this really is....the mind boggles.

I guess it will take years of hard work to reduce it.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan cost the US a lot, so many young guys were killed for nothing.

There are still terrorists, the Taliban are strong, how much can the US continue like that?

The US government made it's deficit known today:

It has risen to 1,56 TRILLION US DOLLARS!!

1.560.000.000.000 DOLLARS!!

That is a whooping load of cash!

Now they are going to cut into many government projects, 120 in total...

They predict that in three years it will be halved...

This does not bode well for Obama's plans and ideas!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35178623/ns/politics-white_house/

well then that .5 tillion more than 10 yrs ago.
But still a high inflation debt.
Anyone still want to immigrate to the US? (Meat PIE?)

Nope, I actually like him, he looked fairly confident in his last speech that things will turn for the better with his new plan.

Nope, I actually like him, he looked fairly confident in his last speech that things will turn for the better with his new plan.

Maybe, But for now it all talk and little or no action.

I can't see how he can achieve things for Haiti and nothing for the citizens of the US.
Charity strarts at home first.

I can't see how he can achieve things for Haiti and nothing for the citizens of the US.

Well not exactly nothing, the man has a stimulus plan - building new bridges and other infrastrcture, creating jobs!

Haiti is hell, and I have no idea how that country will recover, the US has done a lot for Haiti but you are absolutely right that they are people back home in America literally starving - they show them all the time on CNN.

I dunno man, the world is all messed up.

Meatpie, as a citizen of the EU, do you know how many Europeans know how the EU was created or why? The reason I'm asking, is that when Bush was president, word got out (denied by Washington but documents prove it), that a plan exists to do the same thing with the U.S. Just like the EU, there is suppossed to be a north american union that would include canada and mexico. That might be one reason why the U.S. government is refusing to secure our borders. We have a "trans texas corridor" highway planned that would run from mexico to canada. Part of the plan to combine our countries here, would be a single currency like you have in the EU. I don't know if it's true or not, but more info that got forwarded to me say that the EU was the first step, the american union is the next step and there are plans for an african union and an asian union. End result is suppossed to be one world government controlling these "regions". To me, that's scary. Any world governemnt like that would get rid of personal freedoms or any democracy. Do people in Europe talk about this kind of plan? Europeans probably have access to more accurate info than we do in the U.S. because our media is weak and info is filtered out.

Meatpie, as a citizen of the EU, do you know how many Europeans know how the EU was created or why? The reason I'm asking, is that when Bush was president, word got out (denied by Washington but documents prove it), that a plan exists to do the same thing with the U.S. Just like the EU, there is suppossed to be a north american union that would include canada and mexico. That might be one reason why the U.S. government is refusing to secure our borders. We have a "trans texas corridor" highway planned that would run from mexico to canada. Part of the plan to combine our countries here, would be a single currency like you have in the EU. I don't know if it's true or not, but more info that got forwarded to me say that the EU was the first step, the american union is the next step and there are plans for an african union and an asian union. End result is suppossed to be one world government controlling these "regions". To me, that's scary. Any world governemnt like that would get rid of personal freedoms or any democracy. Do people in Europe talk about this kind of plan? Europeans probably have access to more accurate info than we do in the U.S. because our media is weak and info is filtered out.

The EU was created after the second world war to promote free trade and commerece between it's nation states. They reasoned it would help economic growth and the trading of knowledge and goods faster then it would be with independant nations.
The European Coal and Oil Production Nations signed a charter that would be the forerunner of the EU, the EEC (European Economic Community)
After 1992, they decided to become The EU. Many other nation states were added, with a vision in mind of a single unity, especially after the fall of ciommunism in Eastern Europe. Border controls were dropped between nation states who entered the Schengen Agreement. Free trade boomed, and in 2002, the first 12 European nations adopted a singe currency altogether, the EURO, setting a global first in unified trade.
Now, the EU is a strong and healthy commnion, although certain nation states (especially those in former Communist Eastern Europe) are struggling to keep up and should require assistance in the future for them to recover.
Now, the EU is a strong player in global economic powers, a forerunner for green and pollution free energy and high rated on the ladder of science and technology.
Even US citizens would rather have Euro's then dollars to spend!

Back