Short term and long term goals

Grey

Forum Regular
Everyone should have aspirations for themselves no matter if we feel content or defeated.

For a long time my long term goals was to attend school and graduate from college, and now my long term goal has actually been completed. Although I am planning to attend a graduate program, I realize I need something more from life and still in the process of figuring out what my long term goal is. I doubt I can be a student forever.

I've never had short term goals, but now it just seems to be raising money to escape my hometown and travel.

This thread is very off topic and is meant more for encouragement or discouragement, but mostly for venting what we want to gain from our life.

i guess my short term goal is to enjoy life, and indulge in mens feet.
and my long term goals would be to successfully take over my moms company
one day and turn it into an even larger success than it already is.
and finally to take over the world! MuwahhAHAHAHAHA................

Well ggod luck Grey in working out your long-term goals - like you say, things tend to work out better and happier if you have them.
Just one bit of advice I'd offer - as well as that plan, and within it, be open to the unplanned opportunities that may arise - whether they're a different route to broadly the same goal or a complete change of direction that you hadn't thought of or hadn't thought was realistic.
I guess i've broadly stuck to the life/career path i wanted right from being a schoolkid, but within that I've taken a couple of opportunities that happened to come up by chance and actually worked out far better for me than the previous gameplan.
Oh, and the advice author Alan Garner got from his grandfather (a rural stonemason) - "If the other bugger can do it, let him". Which meant something like 'don't settle for the things you can do fine but so can loads of other people, go for what only you can do best'.
Fine to PM me if you want.

Back