No end to Human Depravity

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all.

I want to warn you guys of a vicious attack on forums, blogs, emails and PayPal email addresses.

A person may ask you for help in an email saying he is a sergeant in the US Army serving in Iraq. He uses a real name, id location etc.

He wants to do him a favour by transferring you some money that you will send him back when he returns to the US.

And now the bad part.

This is a scam to get to your PayPal and passwords. Worse still when you look up his name on the internet and the US army records such a name does indeed exist....but the real soldier was actually killed in action two months ago.

:(

Jesus, there is no end to human depravity.

The US army have already been notified by users on other boards but unfortunately some people bought it before this was revealed as a scam.

Again we remind you - do not give any personal information about yourself to people who don't know - either here or via email and IM.

Some low life scammers will try any trick to steal from innocent people.

Some use the names of military and ex military people and steal their identities.

Many innocent military personnel have had their names used by these scammers in this way.

In the same way that many scammers will pretend to be officials of various companies or organizations, they pretend to be orphans, sick and dying people, Wives or relatives of people who have been murdered or are deceased, etc.

Over the years we have seen how low these scum can go and using the names of good and honest men and women who served in the military is sadly how some operate.

Hopefully, by posting this information we will prevent people from falling for the lies of the scammers. Totally appalling situation.

In memory of

Sgt PHILLIP NEWMAN

:sad02::sm (47):

*Any emails or messages that you get with this name are fake.

I got one of those e-mails.

I always think to myself, why would someone I do not know, and who possibly does not know me, want money from me?

I deleted it first thing right away!

But be careful, they do tend to play on your emotions and such!!

I have gotten some too, One claiming he was the directer or manager of a bank. And some guy died with millions in his bank account, and he didnt want the government to get the money.

Back