Entilzha

Confederate Soldier
We all have them..hobbies.

I was wondering, now I started my new hobby, US Civil War Re-Enactment.

it is a very nice but also very expensive hobby. I think I can say I already spend over 1,000 US Dollars to get all my stuff, and I am not done.

I still need a tent, blankets and a knapsack.

What I wanna know of others also have an expensive hobby, and what that is.

Who knows, maybe we could help each other.

Thanks in advance

Enty.

In Re-enactment terms:

Henry McNamee,
Private
Arizona 2nd Cavalry Brigade

:totalshock: $1,000 is a lot of money Enty.

You defintely need to gang up with other like-minded peope and share the costs.

Frankly I view this more as of an obsession, correct me if I am wrong.

No offence meant matey.

You are obsessed with dead soldiers.

Anyway good luck and I am sure other people will join yuor group and help you out buy all the stuff you need.

I doubt anyone here will come up with a more expensive hobby than this.

Yeah...I need to share the costs somehow...

Obsession...nah..I thought this through. I knew it would cost me alot, but I also save alot of money and also importing it from the US works very well, the dollar is better for me.

Very wise of you, the dollar is absolutely weak, almost equal to one Bulgrian lev.

You save a lot yes and deserve to achieve your goal. I wish you the best of luck with this and hope to see PIX!

You are obsessed with this stuff - dead soldiers, guns and dying in battle.

Arrow is too.

Hobby is something you do to relax and bring you joy, nothing something that makes you hard and make you wanna cum hard.

Yours is a typical necro obsession.

What is cooler then to shoot a load of gunpowder and see a guy fall down...

Different strokes for different folks. I don't find it that hot.

Well, I got my pakcage today, and I was really amazed by the fact that at first:

I have to pay the customs officials 78 Euro for import taxes.

Well, that can happen, but it is horrible that your hobby is hampered by tax officials whose only job it is to stamp a form and charge like alot of money for it ;)

Well, after unpacking, I found out that I did not got 1, but 2 Bayonets in my package.
But there is only 1 charged, so I have one spare.

Also my gun sack, my manual, my shoes and socks and scabbard and frog came in, so I am nearly done :)

Here are some pics of the stuff I got:

Very nice Enty, hope you have great fun and post more pics.

If I had money to spare like you I would invest them....in property or at least a car, not swords and wool socks.

They look great btw, do they fit your big feet?

Really? When my granny knits socks for the family she makes them different sizes.

well, your granny makes them with love :)

I just buy them and they are warm, I hope this weekend will be dry and a bit sunny!

Hey folks. The hobby keeps on going on!
Still got all the things, but also bought a Union Jacket now!

And I got promoted to Corporal in the CSA army.
Guess knowing more stuff then your Officers gets you promoted!

I'm rather fond of miniatures, especially model railroads. Unfortunately, little trains and accessories are quite expensive, and assembling a realistic and satisfying railroad requires a great deal of time and skill. Also, unlike some hobbies, model railroading is unlikely to get you laid.

I used to be really into Dungeons & Dragons and collected and painted the lead miniatures, eventually had about 5,000 figures collected from allover USA and Europe. When I moved back home to look after the folks, they took up too much space so got relegated to a shed (the figures, not the folks!) and eventually sold for a tiny fraction of what they cost. Have dabbled in the re-enactment scene, and have western, saxon/norman and eighteenth century gear. All reenactment gear is expensive if you're gonna get the good stuff. I think medieval period is probably most expensive, especially if you have your own armour made! (actually roman period is similarly expensive armour wise). I think I shall take up a cheaper hobby like collecting gold and diamonds!

()()
('-')
(")(")

how about some pics of enty and i blowing eachother while were both in uniform?

How about a pic of the two of you bayonetting each other (pretend) I can photo manip the rest!

()()
('-')
(")(")

I build Gundam models. It's an anime thing. Kinda imagine Transformers with a little less transforming. Anyway, I usually have to order them from Japan. The models alone are on average $50 - $75 although there are ones out there that are several hundred dollars. Other than video games and music that's the extent of my hobbies.

I live in Virginia and have a motorhome. I would love to find a Civil War reenactor who would let me use his beautifully preserved Civil War corpse in my RV.

Back