Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
I was at home sleeping, it was 5 pm local. My dad called me on the phone and said, "turn on the TV and watch CNN".

I saw the second plane hit, saw the towers fall live on TV. I stayed up all night watching CNN and had nightmares when I finally went to bed.

I was asleep, also - My partner woke me up, yelling "New York is on fire!" He tends to overreact at times, so I took my time getting up. As I walked out into the living room, I saw the second plane hit. I have never been so shocked. I sat on the couch, as he was starting to cry. I also saw the towers fall, and like you, could not believe what I had just seen. I made about 6 phone calls, and watched every news show I could for about a week after. I didn't sleep for the first 2 nights. Thank God I didn't have anyone in NY. A lot of my friends did. I'll never forget the feelings of utter hopelessness and terror I felt. If that was what they were after, the hijackers got what they wanted - for a while.

Are you still with the same partner? Sounds like some pussy boy? I mean crying?

I know you are hardcore JM, but did you cry?

I feel terrible about 9/11, we are all scarred for life and the images of the jumpers will haunt us.

I think this is a big shame for humanity and will remain in history as the most barbaric attack on civilians ever.

I didn't cry - but he is quite sensitive. He tears up at sad commercials. He'd make a shitty nurse. Yeah, he is the same one I had then, Thank God. The only time I cried is when Princess Diana died, and the end of Brokeback Mountain. Real men aren't afraid to cry. :D

I cried at brokeback too but just a tiny tear

why Diana?

lol mate

I hate pussyboys like your mate but you yourself are not you proved it

I cried at brokeback too but just a tiny tear

why Diana?

lol mate

I hate pussyboys like your mate but you yourself are not you proved it
A lot of people I know cried when Princess Diana died. My mom called me and was sobbing, at first I thought she was joking but she wasn't.
As to 9/11, I mentioned before but left some stuff out. I was stuck in the subway that morning. The trains were delayed but none of us knew why. All they announced was "We are experiencing delays due to an incident at the World Trade Center". That was my stop but we got off several stops away because trains weren't going there anymore. When I got off I saw the towers on fire, the second plane had just hit. I did head to work as usual, but the doors were shut and everyone was leaving for home. It was like a street party packed with people, all of us looking up at the fires. My friend from work asked me to snap a picture of him, and he posed in front of the burning towers. I said to him "You're so tacky!" and snapped his pic. When the first tower fell we all ran away. That's when it got really sad and scary, I insisted to a female coworker who was sobbing that everyone had probably gotten out but I was wrong. I was stuck in Manhattan for hours unable to call anyone, and my friends and family were all worried about me. I didn't cry a drop but the next day woke up really depressed.
Did any of you have necro thoughts that day?

Last edited:
not on that day, cause i didnt sleep for 2 weeks, i was so scared, but a couple years later i do.

A lot of people I know cried when Princess Diana died. My mom called me and was sobbing, at first I thought she was joking but she wasn't.
As to 9/11, I mentioned before but left some stuff out. I was stuck in the subway that morning. The trains were delayed but none of us knew why. All they announced was "We are experiencing delays due to an incident at the World Trade Center". That was my stop but we got off several stops away because trains weren't going there anymore. When I got off I saw the towers on fire, the second plane had just hit. I did head to work as usual, but the doors were shut and everyone was leaving for home. It was like a street party packed with people, all of us looking up at the fires. My friend from work asked me to snap a picture of him, and he posed in front of the burning towers. I said to him "You're so tacky!" and snapped his pic. When the first tower fell we all ran away. That's when it got really sad and scary, I insisted to a female coworker who was sobbing that everyone had probably gotten out but I was wrong. I was stuck in Manhattan for hours unable to call anyone, and my friends and family were all worried about me. I didn't cry a drop but the next day woke up really depressed.:sm (47):.
Did any of you have necro thoughts that day?:sm (7):

No - I think the enormity of it precluded that. Do you remember being scared for your own safety at all, Verluphttp://cutedeadguys.1stfreehosting.com/forums/member.php?u=38? That must have been a strange feeling to be in the middle of a world changing event.

I cried at Diana for one reason - My mom and I were having a fight, my partner was out of town, and it seemed that that was the "straw that broke the camels back." I was SOO sad - and the worst thing is I had no one to talk to about any of the stuff that was happening. I was also pretty young - it was almost 12 years ago. Doesn't seem that long though.

9/11 was a blow like no other - nothing in my memory can compare.

wow verlup mate thats insane taking pics with the towers burning in the background. When you become 120 years old they will ask if you could donate your pics to the history museum and they will publish in histroy books/internets whatever they use.

Did you breathe from that toxic smoke and dust clouds that formed after the buildings were no more?

Hope not. You really behaved like a man and didn't panic from what you told us.

BTW have you thought if they decided to strike later, you could have been inside the wtc subway station - the tower collpases and you could be stuck.

Any were you unable to call anyone, phones were down? or jammed?

I was driving my car, heading towards the office when they hit. I turned on the news there, and I was shocked to see what was going on.

All our national newschannels were broadcasting franticly what was going on.

I was thinking about the poor people, and that many would die

wow verlup mate thats insane taking pics with the towers burning in the background. When you become 120 years old they will ask if you could donate your pics to the history museum and they will publish in histroy books/internets whatever they use.

Did you breathe from that toxic smoke and dust clouds that formed after the buildings were no more?

Hope not. You really behaved like a man and didn't panic from what you told us.

BTW have you thought if they decided to strike later, you could have been inside the wtc subway station - the tower collpases and you could be stuck.

Any were you unable to call anyone, phones were down? or jammed?
Thanks Meatpie.
We went back to work the week after. Everyone complained about the dust and the smell. They said it was the bodies. I always tried to make them feel better so I said "I'm sure it's just the old food abandoned by the restaurants."
There were several abandoned restaurants for weeks after. There was dust everywhere too, like a volcano had erupted, we had to clean it all up. My workmates were right, I now believe. I guess we were exposed to the dust but I feel fine to tell you the truth. On that day we ran off fast enough to avoid most of the dust from the collapse.
I thought that I could've been underneath when the towers were hit but I think the subway was damaged mostly after the collapse, and the subways were evacuated before that. They stopped subway service completely that whole day. No one could call either unless they had cellphones. I only had a landline to use and the telephone service was disrupted from the event.:(

No - I think the enormity of it precluded that. Do you remember being scared for your own safety at all, Verluphttp://cutedeadguys.1stfreehosting.com/forums/member.php?u=38? That must have been a strange feeling to be in the middle of a world changing event.

I cried at Diana for one reason - My mom and I were having a fight, my partner was out of town, and it seemed that that was the "straw that broke the camels back." I was SOO sad - and the worst thing is I had no one to talk to about any of the stuff that was happening. I was also pretty young - it was almost 12 years ago. Doesn't seem that long though.

9/11 was a blow like no other - nothing in my memory can compare.
I wasn't scared for my life at all until the first tower collapsed right there before my eyes! It was totally unbelievable! I immediately sweated profusely
and got a cold chill and thought of nothing but running. It was like a marathon with all of us running like that, and the cops yelling "Go!" I really thought I was going to die. I've never been so scared and I hope to never experience anything like that again. Being such a necro I thought I'd be more prepared for death. My friends were looking back to see the next one fall but I couldn't watch. I didn't feel safe until I got back to Brooklyn in the late afternoon.
In regards to Diana, I understand how hard it was for lots of people. I never cared much about her but after I realized my mom was truly distraught I decided to be more sympathetic.

They said the dust was toxic, I am so happy you seem to have not suffered any lung damage. There were studies that showed some people had difficulty breathing for years later, some died, others developed asthma or other lung diseases.

I don't know whether you have heard this but when the towers underwent "total progresssive collapse" - thats the term, the kinetic energy was so great concrete and other materials apart from steal were vaparozied. Thats why there was so much fine dust that spread all over.

At the site, no large pieces of concrete were found. The dust clouds produced on 9/11 were the largest seen in history and as you rightly compared it resembled pyroclastic flows during volcanic erruptions.

And one really really hard question.

If you were on the 110 floor, completely cut off and fire burning and smoke choking you would you go and jump or stay and burn slowly?

For me the worst situation was in those stuck above the impact zone.

For those in the planes - they were vaprozied instantly. But those stuck faced a hard choice.

I can't imagine what it was like, I'd probably puke from distress. But I couldn't jump, I am terrified of heights. If I see there is choice I would inhale deeply from the smoke and choke on it.

I saw clips on youtube, wwere five people or more jumped together from a single window.

I don't think I could jump either Meatpie. I'm terrified of heights too. I don't know what I'd do in that situation.

I was at school during it, and all classes were cancled as we just watched the news all day. No one seemed to really care though enough to cry or panic. Just dicked around all day. So we all saw everything on live TV and it was pretty surprising something like that was actually happening.

Last edited:
schoool? man, underage is not allowed here.

There's at least one college very close Pace university. I think NYU might have something around there too. I think all schools in the city got closed that day too.

I was at work, and on my way home there were mobs infront of a Mosque ( and several other mosques and Islamic centers) in Chicago ready to burn it down. Throwing random things through the windows and vandalizing the building. I thought the city was going to erupt in violence that day. But the police got it under control, thankfully! I wish they didnt have to replay the towers falling over and over on the news, however.

Back