Time to split this blog into two, "Art" and "Literature"?

S

skull_fucked

It might be appropriate to consider dividing this blog into two - "art" and "literature". It's obviously popular, but not so easy to identify thread content from some of the titles and its division would solve that and speed browsing. Just a thought...
I'm sure Meatpie can advise on this. Thanks!

Our "KING" would have to make that decision. You know what king I mean.

I would support skull fucked suggestion

It might be appropriate to consider dividing this blog into two - "art" and "literature". It's obviously popular, but not so easy to identify thread content from some of the titles and its division would solve that and speed browsing. Just a thought...
I'm sure Meatpie can advise on this. Thanks!

you might need a third category then, stories based upon art and art that was created from stories on here.

CDG looks like a blog to you? :totalshock:

I think skull fucked is referring to the Art, photoshop and literature section of the site. Basically splitting it into an art and photoshop section for the visuals, and making literature a stand alone section for stories

I agree with the suggestion as well, I have always preferred reading the stories rather then looking at pics people have created.

I like to imagine the events in my minds eye rather then seeing an image.

If u can't split then try to find a way of showing what type of article is what.

Sometimes I get turned on by reading a story or news piece more than by the pictures although there are some really cute dead guys in some of the pictures.

I agree with Skull_Fucked's suggestion, as well. If there aren't enough threads of each type to support splitting this category into two, then perhaps, ask that posters begin their subject line with a designation such as "[IMAGE]" or "[STORY]" so that readers will know before opening a certain post.

This is the kind of well-meaning suggestion that makes perfect sense until you try to make it work. Notice that the only pinned thread in this subforum is a story series that relies heavily on images - where does that go? Would the answer change if the images were manips, like in the Depictions of Death blog? What about comics like the new dead guys series? What about semi-interactive image-based stories like meatgrinder and studslasher? What about meta-threads like polls or requests? And so on.

Forum splitting, as a categorization method, is an either/or approach. The more ambiguous content, the less appropriate it is likely to be. But other forms of categorization are possible, like tag clouds. The trick is getting people to use them.

Back