Can I change my user name?

ldj1672

Forum Newcomer
I want to remove my account because Google search results show my user name profile on this site, and I was use this user name for another sites.

But this site doesn't delete accounts on request, so I want to change my user name. I do not want my acquaintances see my user name on this site.

Can I change my user name? or please hide my profile on Google search results.

It doesn't show on Google search results until 3 months before, but now it's on Google. I want to hide it.

I'm sorry I'm not good at English. ;(

ldj1672 - best to send a PM (private message) to Meatpie - I hope he will agree.

Hello,

We have received your messages, thank you. We don't delete accounts on request and username change is only available to new users.

Hello,

We have received your messages, thank you. We don't delete accounts on request and username change is only available to new users.

The guy seems to have a problem which is really of his making. Even if deleting his account will make an unwelcome precedent will changing his name to something anodyne not be an acceptable compromise. Indeed would it not be possible allow members to resign and delete their details. As said in another context better an empty room than an unwelcome guest

Please read our terms of use, we don't offer this option to members.

Rules are made to be broken. This is a great site which most of us join for our own reasons and have no intention of leaving. But others for their own reasons have issues and feel uncomfortable staying. And a little compassion never goes amiss. Would it cause any problems if you looked at any request to leave and if you were satisfied that it was genuine and there were good reasons then to grant that request. Leave it as a discretion not an option or right but if someone shows good reason then allow it
And that would not be weakness on your part but rather strength.

Wish I had the skill or the imagination. Snag is my language tends to be precise rather than filled with imagery. And I was better with prose than poetry. But thanks for the compliment.

Back