Traffic Jams

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Traffic gridlock is a common problem for many big cities throughout the world.

In Sofia for example, we have days where it is total gridlock and no one is moving like in this pic taken recently.

60274671.jpg

What do yuo think Enty and others, what are the best ways to reduce traffic?

In Sofia city authorities rushed to open new metro stations hoping to reduce traffic but people just won't leave their cars and it just keeps getting worse.

1,000 new cars are registered every day in Sofia and take to the streets.

I get very claustrophobic when stuck in traffic. The highways around Chicago are horrendous. They seem to be always congested. Road construction in the warmer months, weather delays in the wintertime, coupled with everyday rush hour traffic makes me crazy. The worst thing ever is being stuck in gridlock and having to piss really bad. I can understand why men bring along plastic piss jugs. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/rant/pee.html

What happens if you need to shit?

Traffic gridlock is a common problem for many big cities throughout the world.

What do yuo think Enty and others, what are the best ways to reduce traffic?

In Sofia city authorities rushed to open new metro stations hoping to reduce traffic but people just won't leave their cars and it just keeps getting worse.

1,000 new cars are registered every day in Sofia and take to the streets.

People should be more encouraged to work at home, or take FREE public transportation that rides on time and also are comfortable and a plenty.

Also taking a taxi with many others to the same location helps cut down congestion.

What do you think about public tansport in Sofia?

If they clean it and make it more appealing, i think it will solve problems.

Maybe also developing a monorail from the airport to the city might help...

They are building a metro to the airport, no monorail is planned.

Thta might relive congestion a bit more...no more smelly busses driving over terrible roads :)

Remember how we were stuck in that traffic jam in the bus with no air-conditioning.

It was so hot, you could easily faint if you have heart disease. But you behaved very well, really proud of you.

This is everyday life for me. Heatwaves in Bulgaria can be hell, sometimes lasting weeks not all summers but once every few years up to 45'C.

Roads realy busy on way to work on friday morning. Traveld 3 miles and saw -
15 sheep.
2 cows.
3 horses.
1 motor bike
and 2 cars.
Told you there is nowt (slang - nothing) here.

yep, think you are right, anyone with any sence has moved out of the area. Home town is a deep valley, which draws all the damp atmosphere down in to them.

Back