7.8 magnitude quake slams Nepal with hundreds dead

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator

More than 1,100 people across four countries have been killed after a powerful 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck Nepal causing massive damage in the capital.

The earthquake is also said to have triggered a massive avalanche on
Mount Everest killing eight and injuring at least 30. Several groups of climbers were also said to be trapped at Base Camp which was severely damaged.

Nepal is so isolated geographically; I understand Mt. Everest shook as well killing people at its base

Yes, reports are coming in of severe damage to base camp caused diretcly by the earhquake. China scientists say they measured the earthquake as 8.1 at a very shallow depth making it potentially catastrophic over wide area.

We will keep posting updates in this thread as more information becomes available.

You can contribute to this thread as well we are currently looking for good quality photos and videos from the area.

Nepal Earthquake Aftermath

Hope these are not repeats ... apologies if they are. A couple nice feet though

Attachments

• NEPAL.jpg
    NEPAL.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 114
  • NEPAL2.jpg
    NEPAL2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 126
  • NEPAL3.JPG
    NEPAL3.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 157
  • NEPAL4.JPG
    NEPAL4.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 157
First one is from Haiti earthquake.

Looking fit how often do you work out?

Video shows moment quake struck a house located Kathmandu

Dead guy buried in rubble

s9Ksd6l.jpg

Google executive Dan Fredinburg killed on mount Everest after Nepal earthquake

Dan Fredinburg, a senior executive at Google, was among more than a dozen people confirmed killed by the avalanche that swept through Everest base camp in the aftermath of the devastating earthquake.

Centuries ago, you were warned not to exceed your population over 1/2 billion.
Now, the planet is going to show you who's really the boss.
My friends, the fun is only just starting - so let the fun begin!...........

Why tite, it's almost like you could read my mind! Free feet! Free meat!

Shocking we live with this in New Zealand for all our lives. Our hearts and minds are with all people who are affected. Kia Kaha that means Maori be strong.

Another powerful magnitude 7.3 earthquake brings more tragedy to Nepal

Today's earthquake was nearly as powerful as the the first one on April 25, dozens of people so far reported killed.

Even more fun!
A relief helicoptor has gone missing as well - i wonder if they've found it yet.

Back