Cleansing thread

useless bum

Forum Resident
Do you believe in karma? How about bad dreams? You are not supposed to tell anybody about the content if you just had a good dream. Paranoid, superstitious, or illogical this may seem, I often tell "bad" dreams to people to neutralize the bad effect. This one had a feeling that this may actually come true, so here it goes:

I see my grandmother although I am not sure which one. She says that there was a drop of blood at the funeral. Then I am in the court, and this guy with rather low credibility accuses me of some heinous crime. I am thinking (or I am told by somebody) I can get away if I look "innocent". My lawyer refutes the guy's claim, and I am thinking, "There shouldn't be any finger prints because I did not touch the body."

Many of us if not most feel guilty about our obsession and that needs to be aired out from time to time. Is there anybody else here need to be cleansed? What is your story?

Interesting thread.

I have bad dreams all the time but I don't try to interpret them.

The universe is a scary place and all kidns of weird things can happen.

So while I don't believe in karma I don't reject it.

I don't feel bad about my obsession. In fact I feel proud of myself for being able to go to funerals without fear, without shedding a tear and seeing car wreck bodies, mangled people and open skulls and not feel grossed out.

I find it beautiful.

But I have a serious problem with decomposition though.

Don't feel bad about your obsession, embrace it. Its part of you, its a mistake trying to fight because you will lose every time.

I think your case is very interesting, esp lust for dead squids.

I talked to one neighbour yesterday who is a total squid and he said, "I am ready to die everytime I go on a ride with my motorcycle"

I can't understand why they do it.

Do you have any explanation to this?

Just brave or plain stupid? Or they have a fear of death and dying and by defying death they try to overcome this fear?

Lol if you have bad dreams, then its because "your a jerk" And treat the dead like objects.
Your fault.
I have nothing but good dreams of teh dead :D

Well, thanks for kind words, MP.

I don't know about others, but I am trying to find out why I am this way. Not too unlike Dexter Morgan. I am also trying to turn this into something positive, which has not been all that successful.

I talked to one neighbour yesterday who is a total squid and he said, "I am ready to die everytime I go on a ride with my motorcycle"

I can't understand why they do it.

Do you have any explanation to this?

Just brave or plain stupid? Or they have a fear of death and dying and by defying death they try to overcome this fear?

A good question. I think we have different reasons to ride, and I am starting to think dying in a crash isn't all that bad. What would be an alternative? A slow, painful death by cancer? Or slowly loosing dignity while suffering dementia? Or eaten alive by wild animals? You often see comments like, "At least he died while he was something he loved". It is a cliché , but I think there is a truth in it.

I also admit that there is a little bit of vanity here, too. I think dying on a bike is cool, and if I have to die, I'd rather do it in a style.

I guess I am not enjoying riding motorcycles as much as some people. I read comments like, "Riding a crotch rocket is better than sex", and honestly, I think it is a BS. From time to time, I get "excited" because of the vibration and all, but it gets painful. I also need to pay attention because I am a noob. But sometimes, it feels just great riding my bike like feeling like things around you are starting to stop or even sensing something transcendental, and this is another reason I can see why some say they'd rather die on their bikes. More dead squids for me anyway, right? :D

I guess I am not enjoying riding motorcycles as much as some people. I read comments like, "Riding a crotch rocket is better than sex", and honestly, I think it is a BS. From time to time, I get "excited" because of the vibration and all, but it gets painful. I also need to pay attention because I am a noob. But sometimes, it feels just great riding my bike like feeling like things around you are starting to stop or even sensing something transcendental, and this is another reason I can see why some say they'd rather die on their bikes. More dead squids for me anyway, right? :D

I understand & enjoy the same thing you describe, useless bum.

How fast do you usually get? I can only do around 80kmh, with my average household Honda. Traffic here is extremely dangerous, people disobey even the most basic rule like "red means stop" so I get to see people getting crashed and get severely injured everyday, so I must be ready, somehow, for who knows I may get crush in the head by a 20 tons van tomorrow.

I understand & enjoy the same thing you describe, useless bum.

How fast do you usually get? I can only do around 80kmh, with my average household Honda. Traffic here is extremely dangerous, people disobey even the most basic rule like "red means stop" so I get to see people getting crashed and get severely injured everyday, so I must be ready, somehow, for who knows I may get crush in the head by a 20 tons van tomorrow.

My insurance company is going to drop me, so I have been trying to be careful. So only up to 80 mph or so. Sometimes, 90 mph, but usually under 75 mph. This is about 120~145 km/hr. When I hit the triple digit, and slow down, it really feels "different". And driving around 60 mph feels sorta boring after this. I still enjoy the floating feeling, though.

Back