22-yr-old's video rant before killing 7

Tecpatl

Forum Resident
In a shooting spree in California yesterday this guy killed seven people. He was killed either by police or he shot himself. Details are still coming out. In this video rant called "Elliot Roger's Retribution" he says it was because he was 22 and still a virgin.

Not very handsome...dude is pure evil reminds me very much of Luka Magnotta.

You should read his manifesto, or at least the excerpts people are sharing in the comments at Gawker. Favorite bits so far:
I wanted to do horrible things to that couple. I wanted to inflict pain on all young couples. It was around this point in my life that I realized I was capable of doing such things. I would happily do such things. I was capable of killing them, and I wanted to. I wanted to kill them slowly, to strip the skins off their flesh. They deserve it. The males deserve it for taking the females away from me, and the females deserve it for choosing those males instead of me.
And this:
This in turn would hinder the advancement of humanity. Not only hinder it, but devolve humanity completely. Women are like a plague that must be quarantined. When I came to this brilliant, perfect revelation, I felt like everything was now clear to me, in a bitter, twisted way. I am one of the few people on this world who has the intelligence to see this. I am like a god, and my purpose is to exact ultimate Retribution on all of the impurities I see in the world.
Dude was a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

I work about 1/4 mile from this incident (but wasn't there that night). Another scary detail: He lured each of 3 of his roommates into the apartment (not sure which room) and killed each one of the three with a "sharp object." The scene was described as horrific, so he probably sliced them or something like that. Then after he did that he got in the car, killed two women near a sorority house and then a random guy by a deli. And then took off in his black BMW and smashed into a whole bunch of others. Lots of shooting going on. He was hit in the hip but eventually shot himself in the head and that was the end. This was the same community that - 11 years ago - a kid took a drive down a street (that I used to live on) and just started randomly running people down - 4 killed. But actually it's a very nice campus where I work. ahem.

Back