Forum Turning to Shit ??

Forum turning to shit?

• No, its more fun that way! A little flaming is healthy and necessary from time to time.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I am sick of meatpie's racist comments. He should be banned.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I think he is right. Everyone can voice their opinion here.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • They can take us down if anyone dares say th e"n"-word! What a real gay necro drama!

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
CDG is turning to a troll, hate forum with meatpie and his racist comments, and no one can do anything because he runs this place.

Does he have a point?

Should anyone be able to express their opinion on CDG without fear or should we ban people for posting racist comments?

Discuss & vote please.

I believe people should be able to voice their opinions freely. There are a few words that are purely hateful and racist (such as the N word) but how and where do you draw the line. What one person feels is hateful and racist, I may not think is bad. My position is, if you don't like what someone has to say don't read their post. If you think someone is racist and full of hate, you don't have to click on their posts. I for one, read and enjoy meatpie's post, and if I think he has gone too far, I move on to another post. Censor ship is bad!

I think voicing opinions is a good thing, but keep it in line with moral and ethical reasoning.

Thins about how you would like to treat others as you are to be treated yourself.

Flaming and hate should go to the appropriate sections.

Racism is a NO to me. If someone decides to go out and about, they will face the consequences.
(and that goes for everyone, even me and Pieman!)

If you wanna go out and be a bloody racist, go and write a book or something.

MY OPINION: I understand the connotation of using the word "nigger" on a site like this...it is more sexual than hatred. It gives a person a sense of power to use that word, thus connecting it to various sexual fetishes. Frankly, I don't care that much how likes or doesn't like different races. There are good and bad ones of every variety! However, if the word "nigger" is going to be thrown around freely on this site, the site could well become labeled and watched as a "hate site." In the USA, that would be cause to close it down. Nor can I afford or want to be part of a site (not that anyone would really care) labeled as a "hate site." Just my opinion...

Lol
Who the fuck cares.
Its just silliness.
I don't like Meatpie half the time.
But he's a fucking riot to have around.
It wouldn't be CDG without him.

I have a little issue with racist comments, but this is your place. Decide the way you think the forum should be.

Get on with it. And no, while I manage the technical aspects of running a forum with the help of the mod team, cdg is entirely shaped by its members.

People here voted for the best logo since the early start of the site, our members rcently decided how cdg should be sponosred so, we also had various polls on skins, what to do with lurkers etc.

We had a big problem with spam, but now that we have employed a new technique its hard for spambots to attack our website.

We are far from perfect though, our board suffers from bouts of bad flaming and recism as you can see.

But we don't want censorship so the mod team refrain from editing or removing threads.

I think that everyone should act what they really are on the internet, and not pretend. We have enough pretence in real life.

If you don't like certain people - say it.

I congratualte Rottie for flaming me and saying he doesn't like me etc.

Well, I don't like you too Rottie, but no one here will get banned on any personal grounds.

Remember how Log On was flaming and attacking us, yet he did it in F/H so his account is still up, although I don't know what happened with him or JohannaXn.

We will see what the poll shows and this will decide how the site develops.

I like flaming and forum war.

Thanks all for posting your opinions.

Glad we're discussing this sensibly.
Forum definitely hasn't turned to shit,and Meatpie certainly shouldn't be banned, but major racist comments could wreck it - both because of the 'hate site' stuff and because it will drive some of our best posters away - who's going to stay around and post good stuff if they're being insulted for the colour of their skin? And I guess I'm not the only white guy who wouldn't stick around if we did turn into a hate-filled racist site - that would wreck everything I like about cdg (well, apart from the cdgs!). That's why we're so much better than Ogrish - we're not full of hate, we welcome new people, we talk and listen to each other, we stick arond for each other.
Entilzha has got it spot on - respect. So maybe be a bit tighter about keeping flaming to the Basement (and race-hate is flaming - there's almost certainly going to be guys here from whatever race is being attacked). But let's not be too po-faced - we'll always have our different opinions.
PS. thinking about Rickyd26's post - I hadn't realise just how strong the bad connotations of the n-word are in the US, and I bet it doesn't have them to meatpie. Even in the UK it's not that bad a word - out of order, but not so deeply offensive.

I hadn't realise just how strong the bad connotations of the n-word are in the US, and I bet it doesn't have them to meatpie. Even in the UK it's not that bad a word - out of order, but not so deeply offensive.

That's what I kinda said. MP is in Bulgaria. If he has some issues with African Americans, it came from somewhere, probably "white" American media.

I have said this to some people, and some of the race problems are really class problems. Socioeconomically speaking, more African Americans are in the lower social strata, compare to Caucasians, and that is no doubt. But Americans in general either do not have a concept on class or extremely hate to admit that classes even exist. So they just look at something that has existed before.

I think it is better to refrain to use derogatory words not because I am one of the shinny happy people (maybe I am), but we don't want unwanted attention.

I find the flaming amusing. The racism is unnecessary and will draw anger out of members. I personally could care less, but it could cause more drama and unwanted attention and maybe some people will leave. However you want to run your forum, Mr. Meat.

Back